WiseserveLtd is a Limited company registered in England and Wales trading as Computer Assistance based in Oxford. We are one of the largest independent IT support companies in Oxford with acclaimed customer service since 1996. We offer remote and on-site IT support, Web design and development, computer sales and repair services, telecoms, expanding our services every year.
Work is varied as we support a wide range of technical systems. From Microsoft and Linux through to VMware, Azure and AWS, there is plenty of opportunities to develop a broad skill set and focus on new and interesting technologies.
Job overview / purpose:
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual for an IT Technical Support Apprentice position within our well-established team in the Oxford office.
This is a role where technical support is a good stepping stone if you wish to move towards various other areas in IT, such as programming, IT training, technical sales or systems administration.
The work typically involves:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Setting up accounts for staff, ensuring that they know how to log in
- Solving password problems
- Talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of any problems they encounter
- Responding to breakdowns
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Supervising junior engineering and technical staff
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety
- Maintaining records of software license’s
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
Desired skills and qualities:
- An ability to assess each customer/employee's IT knowledge levels
- Ability to deal with difficult callers
- Logical thinker
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good accurate records keeping
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
- 9:00am – 5:00pm, 5 days a week. / 37.5hrs per week.
- Salary reviews after 6 months
- Potential to gain a full time job after completing the apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.