Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Performs the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of servers and edge of network devices (e.g. desktops, laptops, MDM platform, MACs) and related systems while ensuring all processes and procedures take into account company policy / standards and industry best practices. Assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements. Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to servers, desktop or laptop computers, MDM platform, or related peripheral equipment.
What Part Will You Play?
- Prepares desktops and laptops by imaging devices in preparation for deployment and testing them for proper operation. Occasionally maintains an image for hardware setup. Ensures Thin Client and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) devices interconnect seamlessly with file servers, mail servers, etc. Sets up and configures appropriate hardware and software for new team members as secondary analyst. Performs routine maintenance (e.g. patch application, disk maintenance, array controllers) on the TSYS International Segment Local Area Network (LAN) Server estate.
- Maintains the functionality and efficiency of computer and user objects in active directory while maintaining correct Organizational Units (OU). Unlocks team member accounts, when necessary.
- Builds and configures infrastructure underpinning LAN services.
- Responds to moderately complex technical issues surrounding server/desktop/laptop hardware (e.g. preliminary troubleshoot equipment to resolve issue, replacement of peripheral equipment where issue cannot be resolved), Microsoft Operating Systems, and/or installed software (e.g. basic software corruption), and follows through to appropriate resolution, while consideration is given to creating repeatable process and eliminating recurring problems. Begins to service issues related to Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform and the MAC operating system. Delivers replacement equipment, as needed. Provides set up, deployment, and issue resolution of MDM platform devices (e.g. iPhone, iPad).
- Prepares information and reports on LAN capacity and performance.
- Assists with adherence to technology policies and compliance with all security controls.
- Ensures that allocated work queues are monitored and actioned in an appropriate timescale while assigning tickets accordingly with appropriate prioritization and personally responding to the higher priority issues.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems preferred; other degrees considered
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in an IT Server, Network, and/or PC Support environment, or experience in an IT customer support environment will be considered
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Supervision - Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Client facing communication skills - Builds positive customer relationships, and works with clients to understand and respond to issues
- Problem resolution skills - Investigates and provides solutions to issues, incidents, and problems
- Organization - Prioritizes work according to business need, with minimal support
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.