Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Kier Workplace Services is looking to recruit a Technical Services Supervisor to work upon a Technical Services contract we hold with the prestigious Imperial War Museum in Manchester.
- Providing consistent service delivery within the technical services team on site.
- Developing strong relationships with customers both internally and externally.
- To ensure provision and management of engineers on site and in customer’s premises.
- To undertake work planning duties for the local team liaising with the scheduler and maximise productivity and profitability.
- Ensure all documentation is submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effective management of site engineers and their time to ensure the customer’s requirements, contractual obligations and productivity are achieved.
- To work closely with allocated site engineers, offering advice, guidance and direct assistance where necessary including training and development
- Foster a performance management approach and take ownership of site engineers.
- Day to day management of site engineers including conduct, performance, attendance and capability. Taking the necessary and appropriate action to address any inappropriate behaviour or low standards, with support and advice from HR.
- Attendance on HR related courses to ensure competence in dealing with people management responsibilities.
- Management and planning of all responsive repairs and maintenance
- Ensure that site statutory compliance is maintained at all times, report monthly statistics to client and kier management
- Management and implementation of Minor Works
- Plan and delivery of Facilities Management projects
- Work closely with the area Contract Manager, Regional Administration and the schedulers to plan workload & resources.
- Ensure timely completion and delivery of planned, reactive and project work within the SLA and budget.
- Carry out and submit quoted works within agreed SLAs.
- Carry out appraisals with all allocated engineers and assist in future development needs.
- Effective management and ownership of sub-contractors where necessary.
- To review and audit nominated sub-contractor work to ensure the work is delivered to a high standard whilst remaining cost effective
- Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering the highest standard of service and workmanship in accordance with Kier standards and expectations.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures and carry out all duties in a way which is consistent with and which promotes Kier values.
- Ensure health & safety standards are maintained at all times by all employees and sub-contractors.
- Complete Tool box talks in accordance with the Tool Box Talks Plan.
- To be flexible and undertake other duties to accommodate operational requirements.
- To provide a compliant, professional, efficient and cost effective Technical Service to our client
- Delivery to a high standard of customer satisfaction.
- To maintain positive relationships with the Client team, stakeholders and customers.
- ensuring work is delivered in accordance with client expectations and the highest
- possible standards.
- To actively manage the performance of all site engineers to ensure the service is delivered within professional and contractual conduct performance.
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.