Are you looking for a role to use your Flow Cytometry skills?
Do you have experience of working in a scientific regulated envoironment?
Have you worked with cell based assays, Immunology and Immunotoxicology (I&I)?
As one of the world’s premier Contract Research Organisations, our mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of organizations.
We strive to make a difference to people’s everyday lives by bringing essential products to the market and as a Technical Specialist in Flow Cytometry at Covance based at Alconbury, Cambridgeshire, where you will play an essential part in making this happen.
The purpose of the Technical Specialist is to provide technical input into assay design, troubleshooting problematic assays and to provide technical support to sales enquiries for flow cytometry and cell based assay.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and validating new flow cytometry methods and may be required to study manage this type of work.
- Working with Study Directors and other Responsible Analysts on GLP and GCP studies as a main point of contact for analysts and clients, taking responsibility for ensuring studies meet regulatory requirements and client deadlines.
- To be responsible for the day to day performance of routine assays in I&I, particularly with respect to troubleshooting, method development work, validations, and technical transfer.
- Evaluate new instrumentation and technology for implementation in the department to ensure current services remain competitive and take a role in sourcing, validating and implementing new technology
If you are looking for a role where you can use and expand your experience, then we would like to hear from you!
Education / Qualifications
- Degree and/or Masters Degree in Immunology
- Fully competent with flow cytometers such as FACSCanto, FACSLyric, Fortessa
- Able to analyse, review and interpret complex multicolour flow cytometry data (ideally using FCS Express)
- Experince of cell based assays such as ADCP, ADCC, CDC, NAbs and ELISpot (method development, transfer and validation)
- Ideally previous experience of working to GLP and GCP
- Manage studies as required – to include scheduling work, data analysis and review, report writing
- Be able to liaise with clients to provide technical support, advice and pricing