Are you a skilled sales professional with experience in packaging related machinery sales?
Do have excellent time-management and communication skills and would thrive in a field-based role?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Sales Manager to join the Systems / machinery division here at Antalis packaging. If you have experience in machinery sales and applications and you're looking for your next step in your career, then this role is perfect for you.
As a Technical Sales Manager, your role will be field-based and would suit a self-motivated go-getting individual based in the Southern part of the country. This position will involve reporting to the Systems general Manager, keeping him updated on potential customers/projects.
You will be required to travel around the South of England developing your own opportunities and successes, in addition to supporting the Antalis sales teams with potential opportunities and working with our Key Partners, Lantech, Sealed Air, Ranpak and Pregis amongst others to develop these.
You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday however this role does require flexibility as required. As there will be lots of travel around the South of England, the ideal candidate will be living within a 50-mile radius of Reading.
The day to day responsibilities of a Technical Sales Manager include:
- Preparing and delivering technical Presentations and explaining products and services to customers.
- Liaising with customers to determine machinery requirements and offer solutions.
- Collaborating and supporting the sales team to secure sales.
- Working closely with the existing systems team and having good communication skills.
- Helping clients to resolve issues within their current packaging operation.
- Recommending and demonstrating improvements that could be made through materials or machinery introduction.
- Involvement in the implementing of new products to the range
Keywords: Machinery Sales |Technical Sales | Packaging Machinery | Machine | Engineer | Sales | Selling | Business Development | Field-Based | Travel | Territory | Product Demonstrations | Technical Sales Manager
In order to gain the best results and to be successful in your new position, it is essential you have the following experience outlined below:
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience.
- Experienced in packaging related machinery sales (preferably in pallet wrapping/case erecting / palletisers/conveyors).
- Proven track record in demonstrating / selling equipment.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to drive 30+ k miles per annum.
- Willingness to stay away from home when reasonably required.
- Willingness to work occasional weekends at Shows, Conferences etc.
- Full UK Driving license.
- Work Ethic - the position demands an enthusiastic/dedicated individual.
- Communicator (able to communicate at all levels).
- Time and Territory manager.
- Demonstrable high levels of collaboration across an organisation at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate the implementation of new and different ideas, concepts and ways of working.
- Previous experience in a similar area.
- Field sales experience.
With the largest product range across Papers, Packaging and Visual Communication in the UK & Ireland markets, stocked and delivered from 16 locations, supported by a team of dedicated experts, we provide our customers with a service they can trust and rely on for all of their needs. Antalis (Euronext Paris: ANTA) is the European leader and the global leader (outside of the United States) in B2B distribution of Paper and Packaging solutions, and one of Europe's top three distributors of Visual Communication solutions.
Antalis is the only operator in its sector with an international presence in 41 countries. The group provides one of the most extensive and diversified ranges of products and solutions in the market and offers its clients a high and ground breaking level of service in terms of customisation, expertise and logistics, mainly through its 115 distribution centres situated throughout the world.
35,000.00 - 37,000.00 per year