Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Technical Product Manager to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with the Product Management & Product Development Leadership Team to identify technical product strategies that align and compliment corporate goals and objectives. Focused on investment strategy and business needs, this role works to create a strategy that supports individual product goals as well as supporting integration strategies cross products by leading, exploring and validating with the best approach for technical initiatives across the European Product Portfolio, and understanding the goals and quantify the value proposition. The Technical Product Manager reviews with the engineering team areas of technical investment and documents the business case for proposed areas of investment.
The Technical Product Manager possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality, communicating with all areas of the company this role works with development counterparts to define product release requirements, working with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. The Technical Product Manager also serves as the internal and external evangelist for Applied’s product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Overall product strategy including ties to company business objectives, investment level analysis, and business case modellingr
- Identifying analyzing, and quantifying the value proposition for new opportunities
- Articulate the cost-benefit analysis of proposed opportunities
- Working with the product teams to understanding client base, future product direction, and currently identified areas targeted for growth
- Participate in product roadmap/release plan activities to ensure that product opportunities are identified, approved, planned, and delivered
- Ensure all billable work is accurately documented, processed within required timescales liaising with accounts to ensure revenue is recorded and projected accurately
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the areas of Information Science, Human, or Business related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience working in the technology industry in Product Development
- Experience of Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Proven experience defining, writing, and documenting requirements in an Agile environment
- API Integration experience
- Fully understand the software development lifecycle through to delivery
- Experience working with both business and tech stakeholders to understand and translate requirements
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, 24x7 technical support, consulting, implementation, and education services.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted
- 2020 Company of the Year (Stevie Award)
- 2020 New Product or Service of the Year- 2 awards (Stevie Award)
- 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Business Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Best Broker Software Management House (Insurance Times)
- GOOGLE’S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,800+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & BENEFITS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- DIVERSITY MATTERS- We strive to create a positive workplace culture for those of different thinking, backgrounds, experiences, expertise, and individual qualities across our organization. We want the best and the brightest to be a part of a growing culture that embraces a sense of belonging.
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING- Applied offers Private Medical Insurance, cycle to work scheme, and schemes to support employees.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- Competitive salary, and Pension Scheme with employer matched contributions.
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work. That is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer paid time off including weeks of paid vacation leave, company sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, and 1 free day off for your birthday!
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this “Dress for your Day”!
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer BBQ, employee appreciation events, art contests, personal and professional development programmes, car parking season ticket loan, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job”. Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the ‘Applied Cares’ program.
TO LEARN MORE