FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential!
Our Product and Technology Organization is looking for a motivated product professional that is eager to work on a global industry-leading enterprise software product. The Technical Product Manager acts as the product owner on scrums, and provides client perspective, product expertise and sales support throughout the product lifecycle. This opportunity requires an ability to interact across functional disciplines including product development, support and sales, and working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
What You’ll Do
- Provides market insight, client perspective, and product expertise throughout all phases of the product lifecycle. Primary advocate for the customer.
- Liaises with market-facing product management to understand market requirements and translate them into product requirements.
- Develops business and technical requirements documents, including user stories, use cases and user personas that can be translated into technical specifications.
- Works closely with User Experience and Product Development to ensure translation into accurate designs and technical specifications.
- Participates in product design reviews and reviews during development and QA phases, to ensure achievement of requirements in terms of both feature/function, usability and quality.
- Participates in product launch readiness activities, including field enablement training encompassing, training material development, sales collateral development and direct field & client education.
- Monitors progress toward meeting established business plan and roadmap goals and provides status and forecast reports to executive management. Provides recommendations on any needed adjustments to meet business plan and roadmap goals
What We’re Seeking
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical or financial field or equivalent working experience.
- Extensive experience in product management, preferably in enterprise software combined with a proven grounding in the product management discipline.
- Software engineering background preferred.
- Financial services domain/industry experience, with a focus on the credit lifecycle and risk management will be a plus.
- Repeated success in taking a product through all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Proven practical experience in developing, managing, and delivering software projects, feature/function prioritization, and assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about product and business issues while managing and implementing tactical product plans.
- Experience in Agile development process, including ability to develop user stories.
- Ability to interact with and work across different internal and external functional disciplines, and with remote teams.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Leadership-level communication skills, including strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects, and demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet commitments.
Our Offer to You
- Flexible working practices, a lucrative base salary and commission/bonus package, enhanced family leave policies, [private medical insurance for you and your immediate family, pension, life insurance, income protection].
- A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
- The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
- Opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues.
Why Make a Move to FICO?
At FICO, you can develop your career with a leading organization in one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today – Big Data analytics. You’ll play a part in our commitment to help businesses use data to improve every choice they make, using advances in artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive and prescriptive modeling, and much more.
FICO makes a real difference in the way businesses operate worldwide:
- Credit Scoring — 150+ billion FICO Scores have been sold to date, making it the most used credit score in the world.
- Fraud Detection and Security — 2.6+ billion payment cards globally are protected by FICO fraud systems.
- Lending — 3/4 of US mortgages are approved using the FICO Score.
- Anti-Money Laundering — our solutions check more than half a billion transactions a day to prevent criminal schemes such as terrorist financing
Global trends toward digital transformation have created tremendous demand for FICO’s solutions, placing us among the world’s top 100 software companies by revenue. We support many of the world’s largest banks, insurers, retailers, telecommunications providers and other firms reach a new level of success.
Our success is dependent on really talented people – just like you – who thrive on the collaboration and innovation that’s nurtured by a diverse and inclusive environment. We’ll provide the support you need, while ensuring you have the freedom to develop your skills and grow your career. Join FICO and help change the way business thinks!
Learn more about how you can fulfill your potential at www.fico.com/Careers
FICO values the benefit that diversity and a culture of inclusion bring to our workplace. We are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and we’re proud to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.