Job Title: Technical Presale Systems Engineer
Location: Cody Technology Park, Farnborough, GU14 0LX
Reporting to: Systems Engineer Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Remuneration: Annual Salary £35,000 - £50,000 + excellent benefits
Ignition Technology is your security distributor for the SaaS world. We specialise in the discovery and adoption of innovative, market leading, next generation IT security and networking solutions. We are now looking for a Technical Presale Systems Engineer to join our growing team in Farnborough.
As our Technical Presale Systems Engineer, you will report directly to the SE Manager as part of the specialist team within our business, responsible for providing support, help and advice to both our internal sales team plus also our external partners and their customers.
This is a great opportunity for a technically minded person looking to join the cyber security industry, or someone looking to further develop or advance their career by working with the latest technologies that the cyber security market has to offer.
Successful candidates will join our market-changing organisation that specialises in the discovery and distribution of innovative and disruptive IT security and networking solutions to the IT community. You will be working on the newest and most incredible technologies primarily focusing on Software, Cloud and Software-as-a-service based solutions. Our company is growing rapidly, and successful employees will have the opportunity for promotion and career development.
Technical Presale Systems Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Testing new security and networking technologies before we agree to work with them
- Understanding and communicating the company’s technology product portfolio at a technical level to our customers and partners
- Demonstrating (face-to-face or via online meetings) the company’s technology to their customers and partners
- Installing these technologies in both pre-production and production environments
- Potentially providing post-installation support and follow up
- Involved in managing the company’s internal network and technology demo suites
Technical Presale Systems Engineer Skills:
- Experienced in a business environment
- Organised, structured, and efficient in your work, with good attention to detail
- Flexibility, and the ability to work successfully in various environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Good team player willing to share information and foster a positive team environment
- Must ideally have previous IT networking and security industry experience
- Good understanding of with a keen interest in IT network and security technologies
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good team player, willing to share information and mentor others and foster a positive team environment
- Able to pass the HM Government Baseline Personnel Security Standard test – this means you should be a UK or EU national
In return, we offer you excellent benefits:
- 20 days holiday plus your birthday - up to a further 5 days with long service
- Workplace pension scheme
- Cycle2work Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Easy car parking
- Team nights out
- The successful candidate will be required to work mostly from the main office in Farnborough. Remote working is possible although time in the office on a weekly basis is expected
- The candidate will also be required to travel. This is mostly to visit new partners or customers within the UK. However, from time to time, the engineers will have the opportunity to travel abroad for vendor training (this is not guaranteed)
- All work related travel costs can be claimed on a monthly basis
***Interested? To apply for the role of Technical Presale Systems Engineer please submit your CV via the APPLY button!***
About Ignition Technology
We are your security distributor for the SaaS world. We believe in the power of the channel to enable and secure business transformation. We enable our partners to architect solutions that better protect their customers and help them navigate the future of cybersecurity through our people, our knowledge and our solutions and services.
By discovering innovative, emerging cybersecurity solutions, we help them de-risk their business, create value and maintain relevance with their customers whilst delivering peace of mind.
Our approach and attitude is winning fans, that’s why we’re looking for energetic, innovative, people who welcome change and have the determination to succeed.
We exist to create value for our customers. We know that all partners are different, therefore we tailor our sales, marketing and technical support to suit their needs.
+ excellent benefits