A Technical Manager is required to join an international and globally renowned speciality chemicals business at their facility based in Essex. The company is active in all major industrial regions of the globe: Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
As the successful candidate you will work in a newly built state of the art technical facility and join a company offering excellent career growth potential where you will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with the opportunity to make a material difference to the future of the business.
The team you will be joining works at the front-end of the innovation cycle to identify trends or unmet needs across a range of applications, developing technical solutions to support growth and diversification.
- Manage the lab area of responsibility and ensure a proactive approach to HSE related issues within frameworks.
- Set the direction and priorities on the ongoing technical program against business requirements.
- Responsible for the performance management of team members and the overall development of the team.
- Responsible for management of team revenue spend.
- Accountable for quality, efficiency and delivery of experimental work and data as requested by work package leaders.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Support the management and protection of the company's IP.
- Qualified to a relevant technical chemistry degree or PhD (ideally polymerisation).
- Significant R&D experience within an industrial laboratory setting - acting at a supervisor or managerial level.
- Strong background gained within polymer chemistry.
- Be a team player able to communicate at all levels including market and customer contact.
- Applications / customer focus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary offered is dependent upon experience and skill level, £Comp + company benefits