Community Fibre is on a mission to bring “Better Internet to Everyone”, unlike many traditional "fibre broadband" providers where old and slow copper technology is used, Community Fibre install optical fibre cables directly to homes giving the customer access to “true” fibre broadband.
Since December 2015 our key achievements have been:
- Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired 300,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to 91,000 premises.
- Connected over 8,500 customers.
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and rewarded with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success.
Our environment is fast-paced and dynamic. Our Paddington workspace is bright and vibrant offering more than a community of start-ups, from a sunny rooftop garden, to creative break out spaces complete with the requisite ping pong tables.
Our Technical Manager is the subject matter expert on all FTTH technical aspects of outside plant such as Fibre Cable, Connectivity Products, Blown Fibre etc. and associated build practices such as cabling, splicing, civils, testing etc.
The Technical Manager is a senior role, responsible for all technical solutions. This including, standards/documentation; The development, adaptation and ownership of the Company’s FTTH Quality Assurance Strategy & Compliance Framework. You will hold a deep understanding of building, commissioning and testing of the outside/inside plan etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to designing solutions and working on new products.
- Prepare detailed drawings, estimate costs associated with time and materials and provide justification for the design and construction of telecommunications equipment and material.
- Provide frontline management and direction for FTTH construction methodologies associated with outside plant.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to ensure materials and installation methodologies are used as per technical documents and standards.
- Attend pre-design/build meetings for project designs.
- Continuously identify, review, and recommend potential opportunities for cost-savings, service quality improvement, and operational efficiency.
- Play a key role in making the technical (and broader) team as efficient as possible.
- Supports in plan and build standards creation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team.
- Excellent organisational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) which will be utilised in achieving desired results and are critical to the position.
- A natural relationship builder both internally and externally.
- Keen and eager to learn new things.
- Passionate about telecommunications and technology.
- A strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Salary up to £60,000