We are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to join the team at Standfast & Barracks and succeed the existing Technical & Environmental Manager; provide technical support and development for all departments and to manage & ensure compliance with IPPC certification.
- To obtain a thorough understanding of Dyes/Printing/Finishing Chemistry and processes, including Technical Textiles.
- Manage the Company’s water, energy, effluent and environmental controls in line with the Environmental Policy and IPPC Permit, ensuring effective liaison with all outside controlling authorities to ensure compliance.
- Provide support for all departments on technical issues including product development, recipe costing, materials management, cost control. Aim to reduce overall manufacturing costs using more energy efficient process routes and reducing chemical usage.
- Communicate any change or trial with relevant Departments and Improving liaison between sales, design and production teams regarding new product development, trials and processes.
- Aim to reduce material expenditure by sourcing alternative process and processes without adversely affecting quality.
- Assist in the control of camouflage products and processes.
- Evaluate dye and chemical costs of new products before processing and monitor dye/chemical costs for established products.
- Ensure all new machinery/processes are implemented in line with Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and they have the required standard operating procedures and risk assessments in place
- Ensure awareness of Lean Manufacturing is promoted within reporting areas.
- Actively initiate and participate in Lean projects aimed at improving all areas of waste in the business.
- Analyse and evaluate current production processes with a focus on process improvement practices.
- Evaluate existing material flows and layouts through reporting areas with a focus on developing alternative flows to improve efficiency.
If you would like to be considered for the position of Technical Manager, you will have the follow background and experience:
- Relevant Textile qualification required, ie SDC preferable
- Proven experience within Textiles is essential
- Previous experience within a Technical role
- Knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing techniques
Who are we?
Standfast & Barracks is one of the most versatile and innovative fabric printers in the world. We produce the finest quality prints for many design-led home furnishings and apparel brands on the market today.
We offer a bespoke design service to our customers. This includes producing high quality colour separations for colouration and engraving use, for both digital and conventional printing.
We produce prints combining both traditional and innovative cutting-edge technology. We offer a choice of fabric printing techniques including conventional rotary and flat-bed printing using a variety of dyes to the latest ink-jet digital technology. We pride ourselves on our quality and service to our customers.
Does this sound like you? Click ‘Apply’ now and attach a copy of your CV
31 days holiday including bank holidays, pension scheme