Technical Manager, Not For Profit Trade Association based in Kenilworth, circa £40,000 - £45,000, plus additional bonus schemes.
We are the UK’s trade association representing the industrial and commercial heating industry sector. Together with members it represents the industry’s interests at UK Government and European levels. The work has been influential in securing both safe and reliable standards and regulations.
We are now looking for a Technical Manager to support our services and projects. This role will require you to travel in the UK and Europe
Technical Manager Main Duties:
- Providing secretarial services to technical panels and work groups, including preparation of agendas and other meeting papers, making a technical contribution to meetings, preparing and distributing of minutes and dissemination of technical information to committees.
- Managing specific projects and activities on behalf of technical committees.
- Monitoring the websites of key Government and European Commission departments and agencies.
- Identifying issues and developments that the commercial/industrial heating industry need to be aware.
- Disseminating, promptly and accurately to members, information arising from committee activities, which involves written and verbal presentations at technical panel meetings.
- Carrying out studies and research for input to the work of committees.
- Keeping the Director informed regarding standards and other technical issues.
- Providing support for other activities as required by the Director.
- Contributing actively to the industry awareness and PR.
Technical Manager Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presenting and influencing skills.
- Previous relevant experience in the commercial and industrial heating equipment industries within a technical role.
- Strong IT skills, including a good knowledge of presentation packages.
- Experience of committee work, in developing standard, codes of practice and guidance documents is preferred.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Good flexibility and sound judgement.
Once you have submitted your CV, please complete the comments box and tell us why you think you are the perfect candidate for this position.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.