MasterControl Inc. creates software solutions that enable life science and other regulated companies to deliver life-improving products to more people sooner. The MasterControl Business Excellence Platform (BxP) accelerates ROI and increases efficiencies by automating and securely managing critical business processes throughout the entire product lifecycle. More than 1,000 companies worldwide, ranging in size from five employees to tens of thousands, rely on MasterControl BxP cloud solutions to automate processes for new product development, clinical, regulatory, quality management, supplier management, manufacturing and post-market surveillance. MasterControl solutions are well-known for being scalable, easy to implement, easy to validate and easy to use. For more information, visitwww.mastercontrol.com.
The Software Installation Engineer or Technical Implementation Engineer (TIE) provides all levels of support for new customers with MasterControl. This position will specialise in installation of MasterControl product and become well versed in the components that MasterControl uses. This role must also be able to develop relationships with the customer and several departments within MasterControl. This role works with technical support engineers, backline support engineers, service consultants, project office, sales operations and other company resources to ensure smooth installation/upgrade of MasterControl and to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. The following skills are essential for the role: attention to detail, ability to follow a list of instructions, troubleshooting, issue resolutions, conflict resolution, technical training, and understand quality processes.
The TIE is also responsible for the installation and upgrade of customer instances of MasterControl. The TIE will also be responsible for the identification of software defects and the reporting of such to engineering, troubleshooting in the interim. TIEs work with other internal resources to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely fashion. The TIE will engage closely with the project office, professional services, and technical field services to ensure excellent delivery of installations/upgrades to the MasterControl system for customers. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a manager.
The TIE serves as the primary technical contact for customers during the install/upgrade of MasterControl and is responsible for the completion of the installation/upgrade of the MasterControl software products. The TIE develops a basic knowledge of the hardware, software, and network configuration at the customer site, and verifies prior to an upgrade or install the hardware/software for the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install/upgrade MasterControl Software for customers.
- Provides database copy/site copies for customers.
- Troubleshoot issues during the installation/upgrade and other assigned activities.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a list of instructions.
- Understand and execute best practice on documentation practices for regulated industry requirements.
- Logs issues/time in the Support management application for installing/upgrading customers.
- Logs defects in the defect tracking tool.
- Updates, maintains reports to customers and internal key contacts.
- Provides backup support to other TIE team members.
- Works directly with Engineering and other support members to assure resolution of P1 issues.
- As requested, provides seminars and WebEx sessions on key system functions and features.
- Provide knowledge base articles on technical issues when found.
- Maintains documentation on customer installations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong focus on team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through follow-up, client responsiveness, and thorough communication.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May work a variety of schedule hours, as required.
- Some travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Some SQL and Oracle database skills.
- Excellent customer relationship and advocacy skills.
- Strong relationship skills to work with all internal and external customers.
- Understanding of VMWare environments.
- Excellent problem determination and problem source identification (PD/PSI) skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to comprehend and communicate technical information precisely and unambiguously.
- Must be able to analyse technical issues and develop creative solutions which minimise risk and ensure successful deployment of software solutions.
- Self-starter, initiator, strong organisational, presentation, interpersonal and consultative skills a must.
- General knowledge of GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) industry is preferred.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Experience with technical support to customers.
- Network and system level troubleshooting.
Why Work Here?
MasterControl is a place where Exceptional Teams come together to do their best work. Hiring Exceptional Teams, including the best talent in our industry, is a core value of ours. MasterControl employees are surrounded by intelligent, motivated individuals every day. We like to call it #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet.
We value every employee and their contribution to what makes MasterControl successful. We give right back to the employee through a generous benefits package, great flexibility, and continuous opportunities for advancement.
Not only do we hire Exceptional Teams, but we work hard to keep them here by developing and challenging their skillsets, encouraging professional development and growth, and offering a culture that can't be found elsewhere. Which is why we say - #WhyWorkAnywhereElse?
To put it simply, working at MasterControl is fun, challenging, and rewarding. From our Fitness Clubs to our awards programs, from our company parties to our competitive benefits, you can't really go wrong. MasterControl could be your next (and last) career move!
We are growing quickly and always looking for talented individuals to add to #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet!
Here are some of the benefits MasterControl employees enjoy:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Death In Service Package
- Competitive salaries with annual increase reviews + commissions
- Private Medical Insurance
- Optional Dental Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Great Flexibility
- Wellness Programs (every employee gets a Fitbit!)
Applicants must be currently authorised to work in the UK