Technical Claims Handler (Disaster, Recovery & Restoration)
Purpose of Role
As a technical reviewer dealing with Disaster & Restoration (DR&R) losses, you will review digital evidence live from the Insured's home, with an on site technician. You will agree immediate actions to be made on site, taking steps to mitigate the damage and to minimise, as much as possible, the disturbance caused to our policy holder.
You will authorise works, design and agree a drying scope with the contractor. You will then produce a building scope with the on site technician acting as 'your eyes and ears' to enable you to compile fulfilment options on all aspects of the claim,discussing this with Insured.
As the file owner, you will be responsible for pro active management of the claim, providing excellent customer service whilst maintaining control of the indemnity cost and speed of settlement for your own portfolio, processing all activities required in a timely manner.
All successful applicants will be expected to enrol inthe BDMA (British Damage Management Association) training and pass their examsat basic level within 3 months of taking up the role.
- Ownership & accountability for Disaster & Restoration claims, utilising digital evidence including video and photographs to create a scope for repairs to facilitate settlement negotiation.
- Continue to manage claims on a delegated authority basis, following a claim through to completion and settlement, as the claimowner where assigned to them.
- Negotiating a settlement with customers and arranging payments, appointing suppliers where necessary.
- Maintaining an accurate reserve.
- Determine rectification works necessary and act aspoint of technical referral.
- Point of contact for updates, progress and co-ordination of the claim with close management of the customers expectations.
- Support Home Claims, involving a subrogated recovery element, by carrying out investigations and providing information relevant to possible recovery opportunities.
- Identify, own and manage the risks involoving in running our bussiness appropriate to the role in line with DLG risk framework.
- Take ownership & accountability for the claim.
- Ensure appropriate handling of the claim and effective control of claims spend.
- Manage instruction of fulfilment suppliers within service level agreements.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Keeping the customerexperience at the heart of everything we do, ensuring adherence at all times tothe principles of Treating the Customer Fairly.
- Successful achievement of all business targets asset out within departmental measures.
- Identify & support both subrogated and dual indemnity recovery opportunities.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of Claims, including; Initiation & Liability Investigation, Negotiation and Settlement, Claims Quantum, Assessment & Reserving and/or Claims Recovery.
- Knowledge of Regulatory Compliance.
- Customer Service experience.
- Knowledge of insurance principles & practice.
- Knowledge/experience of fraud investigations.
- The ideal candidate will currently be operating in a similar capacity, as a Loss Adjuster, Claims Incident Manager or Technical Claims Handler/Manager.
Our application process has been designed to make joining us as smooth a transition as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person for the job, but also to make sure we’re right for you. Get more details on our application process here.
Your Online application
No matter which job you’re applying for, completing our online application form is the first thing you need to do. It takes about 10 minutes to complete by uploading your CV and telling us a bit about you. Take a look at our tips on writing a great CV and before you apply pages to find out what information you’ll need to hand.
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We’ve made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too – and what’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there’s plenty to choose from, including:
- Pension funding of 9% of your base salary – you can choose to contribute less or more than this
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Direct Line Group employees can apply for 50% off Direct Line and Churchill home, motor and pet insurance policies
- We also provide free Direct Line travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover to our people.
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more by speaking to our Recruitment Consultant for this vacancy, Gosia Yule, email@example.com
Please also contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
Who we are