The role: Technical Business Analyst
We are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join our GSTP team in Leeds!
Are you our next star player?
We are building a brand-new Sportsbook product that will take the best shared components from the Flutter Group, with a new bespoke UI presentation tier tailored to our customer needs. We are looking for somebody with significant experience in agile technical business analysis to assist our platform squads with the understanding, build, deployment and operation of the critical shared capability components.
Why we need you
You’ll work on this critical, strategic project, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition. It’s your chance to build new products that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, working with the best product and technology professionals, while learning new skills and developing yourself with a new challenge.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an individual with deep experience of technical agile analysis. Key skills, behaviours and knowledge should include:
- 5+ years of business analysis in an IT delivery function is essential, with focus on delivering value in an iterative way; experience of scaled agile delivery is crucial
- Strong business analysis skills, including detailing of technical requirements via user stories and appropriate diagramming techniques
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written, particularly comfortable operating in highly technical teams
- Able to effectively manage expectations of partners; can effectively present options and recommendations to partners
- Naturally collaborative, and with a desire to be part of a highly successful team rather than just a highly successful individual
- Can work proactively to resolve project issues and mitigate project risks
- Evidence of problem-solving ability and providing creative solutions
- A delivery focussed mentality
- We are using a very broad array of technologies, so we aren’t looking for someone who knows of all, but a history with any of the following would be really beneficial: cloud, Kafka, Zookeeper, Apache Storm, MySQL, Informix, Java, Scala
- Collaborate with the Technical, Product & Delivery teams to understand key priorities, gather business requirements, and support early engagement
- Converting technical requirements (both functional and non-functional) into user stories and acceptance criteria that technology teams can understand and act upon to iteratively deliver technical capabilities
- Collaborate and interact with multi-disciplined platform teams, sharing the definition of the deliverables, ensuring that there is a clear understanding of what is being delivered and a common understanding of the success criteria/goals
- Backlog grooming and interaction with the squad leads (3 amigos) to ensure work flows optimally through inception
- Work with the squad to support urgent matters mid-delivery, including environment impacting issues
- Balance multiple workstreams, while following through on deliverables
- Supporting and challenge technical peers when required
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.