At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Leeds is on the lookout for a talented Technical Artist who possesses a passion for inventing and improving workflows to enhance game development. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Leeds.
WHAT WE DO
- We strive to improve the daily interactions that artists have with their software, improving their workflows and automating manual processes to allow them to spend more time being creative.
- We work closely with other departments to influence UI design to be as intuitive as possible for the end user.
- We help develop the technical side of asset creation, build tools for creating LODs, investigate assets to aid optimization, develop complex deformation systems, create texture processing systems, and simulate engine features in our asset creation packages.
- Technical artists will prototype and research new software and techniques to aid art asset creation.
- We work alongside multiple departments to develop new techniques for artists, iterating on complex features until we can hand over a polished system to the end users.
- We help to bridge different disciplines; making code requirements and limitations relatable to artists and expressing artist objectives and goals to code.
- We always look for technologically affordable ways to add further layers of depth and detail to our assets throughout our games.
- We help to problem solve and diagnose unexpected issues with workflows for many departments.
- Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify and solve problems before they affect the development team.
- Implement new techniques that increase art quality and efficiency across disciplines.
- Communicate solutions to art and programming teams, ability to collaborate effectively with other team disciplines.
- Document and knowledge share these solutions.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- 2+ years of applicable professional experience as a technical artist with knowledge of engines and art pipelines.
- Industry experience is a requirement, having shipped title(s) on PS4, Xbox One and/or PC.
- Experience using 3dsMax as a technical artist. Maxscript programming is a prerequisite for the role.
- Thorough understanding in developing pipelines and creating efficient user interfaces.
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Can demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
PLUSESPlease note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (Python, C#, WPF etc.).
HOW TO APPLYPlease apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.