Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1300 employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for the Front End Architecture technical domain. We are looking for a hands-on architect to provide close support to the development teams enhancing and supporting our existing large gaming and technological verticals. In addition to having responsibility for the named domain, the role would involve liaising and working with other Technical Architects within the company. The role requires interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders and other teams within the company, including operations.
The successful candidate may be an experienced architect or a technical lead or senior developer looking to take on their first role as a Technical Architect. They will be enthusiastic, dynamic, business focused, with good communication skills and excel at problem solving, and an understanding of both software and operational issues.
Ownership of the technology road map, standards and long-term vision, and overall technical direction and strategy for the named domain.
Work with other Technical Architects to provide relevant and timely guidance and support to the Product and Development teams, ensuring high quality solutions
Perform technical due diligence
Provide support and help with technical problem resolution
Break down and refine features to provide high level estimates and ensure architectural and non-functional requirements are captured
Mentor and support members of the team to develop their technical abilities
Ensure technical solutions are in line with the target architecture
Collaborate with other teams and TAs to deliver cross-team stories and resolve issues
Communicate, present and articulate complex technical architecture proposals and solutions to both developers as well as other stakeholders within the organisation
Assist product owners and other stakeholders, in addressing technical aspects of requirements from internal or external strategic initiatives
Work with other Technical Architects to initiate architectural and infrastructural projects and see them through from initialisation to delivery
Stay up to date with latest industry trends and technologies
- Semantic, accessible HTML and latest knowledge of CSS especially on CSS Flex and CSS Grid, web fonts, CSS animation and Styled Components
- Web browser internals from memory management to composition and painting
- Excellent knowledge of React framework, including Lifecycle, Context, Hooks, Redux
- Understanding of micro-frontends / micro-services
- Solid understanding of Node.js
- Expertise in HTTP 1.0/1.1/2.0
- Continuous delivery and integration
- Agile methodologies, e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc
- RDBMS experience, ideally PostgeSql
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skill;
- Experience working with remote teams and an ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Fluency in both written and oral English;
- Previous Architecture experience
- BFF and related architectural patterns
- Native mobile application experience
- System integration, e.g. messaging, REST
- Experience with REST and / or GraphQL API design
- Experience with front end testing tools and automation, and promoting TDD best practices
- Knowledge of SEO, Google analytics and GTM
- Knowledge of containerisation, Docker and cloud platforms
- Knowledge of design systems
- Experience in gambling industry is a plus
- Enthusiastic about the latest developments in the industry
- Experience with build/deployment automation
- Message brokers, e.g. Kafka
- Information security experience
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.
This is Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.