Location- Inchinnan office in Scotland UK
Languages- must speak Polish and English
Join us as a Technical Application Scientist (TAS) on our Technical Support Team and start your career at a global company that can offer you exceptional career development opportunities.
As a TAS, you will have hands-on experience of qPCR techniques and excellent customer service skills, as this role will specialise in supporting customers remotely with our products (lab consumables and instruments) related to these techniques. You will provide pre- and post- sales support to customers and potential customers by phone and email on technical queries relating to these product lines, relaying customer feedback to the organisation. In addition, you will also support our field colleagues and wider sales team with any technical queries they may have.
We are looking for candidates who are able to speak both Polish and English fluently
The role is office-based at our Inchinnan Business Park site near Glasgow Airport.
This is a fixed term role for 1 year, however, as a global company, we can offer exceptional career development opportunities and training resources, with a number of exciting career pathways dependent on your particular interests and skills.
What will you do?
- Provides technical support for ThermoFisher Scientific products and services by answering customer technical inquiries in Polish or French and English. Inquiries may be received via telephone or email, and occasionally on field visits.
- Troubleshoots, provides advice or solutions to experimental problems.
- Records and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues.
- Arranges credits or replacement products as required. Participates in analysing complaint information to assist in complaint trending, and identification of potential quality issues
- Tracks product related issues and escalates quality issues when needed.
- Develops technological and product expertise within one or more key business areas while staying up to date in all of the company’s business areas.
- Demonstrates computer proficiency in using all computer systems and databases.
- Works with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database and assist our Sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
- Participates in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Who we are looking for:experience, skills & abilities
- Master’s degree or higher in a Life Science (PhD level ideal but not essential) or related field
- Several years’ of “hands-on” experience of qPCR techniques
- Prior experience in customer service desirable but not essential; empathy and a desire to help people and solve problems are critical traits. Customer satisfaction is a must!
- Fluent in both written and spoken Polish and English
- Ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- A goal-orientated mindset with good troubleshooting skills and able to manage multiple competing priorities
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheets, database, word processing and Internet applications
- Must enjoy working as part of a team and be a friendly and supportive individual
- Able to commit to the full 1 year contract due to the extensive up-front training needed to fully support our expansive product line
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan bonus
- Fully flexible benefits package: including Private Healthcare, Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, Discounted Gym Membership, Pension Scheme & more
- On-site gym and café
- Excellent career progression as part of a global organization
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!