Location- Inchinnan office in Scotland, UK
Languages- must speak French and English
Join us as a Technical Application Scientist (TAS) on our Technical Support Team and start your career at a global company that can offer you exceptional career development opportunities.
As a TAS, you will have hands-on experience of Flow Cytometry, ELISA and Luminex, techniques and excellent customer support skills, as this role will specialise in supporting customers remotely with our products (lab consumables and instruments) related to these techniques. You will provide pre- and post- sales assistance to customers and potential customers by phone and email on technical queries relating to these product lines, relaying customer feedback to the organisation. In addition, you will also support our field colleagues and wider sales team with technical queries.
We are looking for candidates who are able to speak both French and English fluently
The role is office-based at our Inchinnan Business Park site near Glasgow Airport.
What will you do?
- Provides technical support for ThermoFisher Scientific products and services by answering customer technical inquiries in English and French. Inquiries are received via email or telephone.
- Provides complete customer support on technical issues by utilising all available resources. Escalates issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Records and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues. Troubleshoots, provides advice or solutions to problems, and arranges credits or replacement products as required.
- Tracks product related issues and escalates issues when needed.
- Participates in customer notifications on product quality issues as required.
- Works with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database and assist our Sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
- Contributes to departmental and team meetings.
- Position determines own practices and procedures and contributes to the development of new concepts.
- Performs duties independently with only limited direction given. Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm, involving a moderate to high degree of complexity.
- Participates in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- “Hands-on” experience of Flow Cytometry, ELISA and Luminex techniques
- Prior experience in customer support desirable but not essential; empathy and a desire to help people and solve problems are critical traits. Customer satisfaction is a must!
- Fluent in both written and spoken French and English
- Ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- A goal-orientated mindset with good troubleshooting skills and able to manage multiple competing priorities
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheets, database, word processing and Internet applications
- Must enjoy working as part of a team and be a friendly and supportive individual
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan bonus
- Fully flexible benefits package: including Private Healthcare, Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, Discounted Gym Membership, Pension Scheme & more
- On-site gym
- Excellent career progression as part of a global organization
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!