My client a leading Consultancy based in London are looking to add experienced hires to their Banking Advisory team. You will have the following experience:
- Minimum 4 years of post-qualification experience in accounting and/or auditing with at least 2 years in technical accounting.
- Significant experience in accounting/auditing within financial industry, particularly around application of IAS 39 and credit provisioning preferably in Banking.
- In-depth understanding of how IFRS 9 standard impacts our clients, primarily financial institutions.
- Good understanding of issues and challenges facing the finance functions of financial institutions.
- Excellent understanding of leading practices for financial management / financial processes / trends in finance.
- Experience in running accounting change project.
- Experience in business development, as well as proposal writing and presenting to clients.
Our team provides a wide range of accounting advisory services including the following:
- Technical accounting support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16, UK GAAP, FINREP, Pillar 3, Brexit.
- Accounting advisory on transactions and financial reporting such as on-call accounting advisory, design or review of accounting policy manuals and financial statements.
- Accounting advisory with respect to business structuring.
- Providing subject matter expertise support on multi-disciplinary Finance transformation and Deal advisory projects.
- Audit support on technical accounting queries related to financial instruments.
- Providing high quality and practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Manager in the Accounting Advisory team will include:
- Leading the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements.
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards.
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations.
- Leading client and internal workshops and training.
- Driving KPMG's propositions/client offerings and assisting in the responses to client RFPs, with a primary focus on financial services (in particular banking clients).
- Writing and reviewing client reports based on analytical exercises (e.g. review of clients' technical accounting decisions, stakeholder interview) to present findings and recommendations.
- Respond to clients' and audit teams' ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA is preferable).
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 39, IFRS 9, IFRS 7, IFRS 13, IAS 32, IFRS 16, IFRS 15) and crucially the practical application within the banking industry.
- Good analytical skills in relation to impairment techniques.
- Strong people manager with the ability to lead teams and develop others.
- Strong communicator with a proven record in building strong and lasting client relationships.
- Excellent project management with a proven track record in delivering high quality programme, project or assignment outputs.
- Ability to lead and manage accounting change client engagements with no supervision (e.g. IFRS9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16).