Snows mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who will quickly build successful relationships that results in new logo and expansion sales. An inspirational developer and coach with the ability to manage and influence at all levels is critical, in parallel with excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to plan and demonstrate progress/success is also an important element of the role. This key hire will be responsible for leading, developing and overseeing sales within the UKIMEA sales function, ensuring that sales plans are organized to achieve maximum sales velocity and will build and maintain an environment of high standards and growth, accountability and exceptional teamwork
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop, lead, coach and mentor a cohesive team of sales executives as part of the responsibility for driving revenues across the UKI region
- Lead and develop a team of 6 quota carrying sales executives.
- Establish a skills framework for all sales team members, monitor training needs for sales executives and work with relevant parties to build assessment and training plans teams across the region.
- Ensure that the revenue pipeline is healthy and that there is a constant focus to support achievement of revenue and profitability targets
- Represent Snow in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Directly responsible for assisting in closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintaining and updating sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems
- Establish, lead and foster a positive, collaborative, culture that promotes trust, integrity, empowerment and operational excellence
- Contribute to overall customer success and ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction across customer base
- Capture and communicate market intelligence, best practices and customer feedback across assigned regions to improve products and processes
- Ramp up enablement of the team more rapidly
- Work effectively with international sales teams
Dimensions Specific To This Role
- UKIMEA Sales Director
- EMEA VP of Sales
- Partner Managers
- Pre-Sales Managers
- Global VP of Customer Success
- EMEA Director of Customer Success
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience selling Software Asset Management ideal but not essential
- Target orientated sales with proven track record of driving a sales-led organisation through both economic upturn and downturn
- Effective coach and people developer with a track record of building and retaining high performance teams
- Considerable experience of leading a business that is generating multiple sized sales across the Corporate and Enterprise sectors
- Strong track record of scaling a business and ability to successfully build and manage a direct and indirect business and Go-to-Market model
- Assess current sales methodologies, team structure, and propose/implement necessary adjustments to optimize performance.
- Develop key metrics to measure sales teams.
- Proven track record as a consistent top performing sales leader and leading sales team that exceeds revenue goals.
- Total command of Salesforce.com.
- Implement and execute all sales policies and practices, including incentive plans and eventual territory definitions.
- Manage, recruit and retain a talented and motivated team of account executives, sales support and sales engineers.
- Train the sales organization to over perform versus just meeting quota. In addition, measure the sales teams progress against leading indicators and quota objectives.
- Lead operational and strategic efforts to increase the customer base, customer loyalty, revenue per customer and top-line financial growth for the business.
- Ensure a long-term competitive edge for the business through a value-added approach to prospects and customers.
- Rolls up sleeves when appropriate, and is an active participant in new product development, sales strategies and marketplace analysis.
- Experience in selling software solutions and/or products
- Expertise in combining and implementing best practices within the software industry in terms of structure to support fast growth, efficiency and productivity
- Awareness of the Software Asset Management market and organizational trends who thinks through implications for strategies and decisions
- Experience of a recognised Sales Methodology will be an advantage
- Excellent negotiation, communication, presentation and customer service skills
- Ability to build influential relationships at C level in prospects, partners, customers, press, analysts, the industry and quickly obtain buy in across the region, company and matrix
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
An individual who would like to work within and build a value based business, who can demonstrate their ability to create an open and honest working environment for their team based on strong leadership enabling maximum effectiveness, empowerment and productivity within their organisation.
- Professional level English
- Bachelor equivalent
Competencies and Skills
- Expert at coaching individuals and extended teams through the sales cycle.
- Proven experience of building and managing high performance teams with a reputation for being a role model in people management and operational excellence.
- Proven coach and mentor to drive up sales productivity
- Strong communication skills and able to align and motivate organization to goals
- Develop, coach and lead the sales team to ensure continued and increased impact in the market
- Encourages people development and career progression, has plans in place for each of his/ her team members
- Drives effective constructive performance reviews
- Uses continuous feedback to improve team and own personal effectiveness.
- Strong discipline in strategic account planning/territory planning and joint Partner/Channel planning.
- Politically agile at building and maintaining customers and ensure identification and closing of new sales opportunities in existing and new customers
- Understands the impact of pricing and discounting on deals to the business
- Accurate forecasting and pipeline management
Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving:
- Effective communication and influencing to ensure full understanding of customer issue. Ability to map this to create value through the Companys solution
- Expert judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Strong knowledge of UKI market customers/partners/channel.
- Understands external competitive landscape and ensures differentiation of Snow in all external activity
- Able to translate this commercial understanding to groom teams and succession to sales leadership roles within the teams
- Strong vertical industry knowledge and ability to build networks of thought leaders
- Strong business acumen which enables effective building of C level relationships
- Is expert at execution of the full sales cycle from initial prospecting to closing.
- Will be a leadership role in areas such as: building of business cases - ROI/TCO, deal structuring, competitive differentiation, solution profiling and Mapping, closing techniques
- Identifies appropriate buyer/decision maker in the organization and maintains contact with the decision maker on an on-going basis
- A coach, mature, patient, credible, open
- Able to challenge in a positive, constructive manner
- Enthusiastic about the channel
- Resilient, able to overcome disappointment, pragmatic
- Direct and humble
Travel required in line with role requirements.
Snow Softwareis an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We arealways committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcomeon the basis of anyother status protected by the laws or regulations in the locationswhere we work.