We’re good and outstanding - but don’t just take our word for it!
Team Manager – MASH
£54,072 - £55,617 per annum inclusive plus Golden Hello of £1,500
We have big ambitions for our children and our workforce at Merton. We are working to be London’s best council. Our recent Ofsted Inspection judged all our services to be “good and outstanding” noting “Children in Merton benefit from services that are dynamic, ambitious and successful” in an organisation that “comprises a blend of compassion and concern for the most vulnerable children and families, and conspicuous care and support for frontline workers.” This was confirmed in a focussed visit of the MASH & First Response service in January 2019, which praised the council for further enhancing its early help and support work and described the assessments of the needs of children as being of ‘exceptionally high quality’ and that children’s views are ‘clearly listened to and acted on’.
MASH consists of a Team Manager, Assistant Team Manager, 4 Social Workers, 3 First Contact Officers and our multi-agency partners. You will work closely with the First Response managers to ensure that the relationship between First Response and MASH is robust and that the right families are receiving the right service. You will ensure the development and day-to-day operational delivery, working with colleagues and partner agencies to achieve the objectives of the service, whilst fulfilling quality assurance standards and targets.
Across our children’s workforce we share a set of values:-
- We keep children and young people at the heart of all our work;
- We challenge inequality, promote inclusion and value diversity, making a difference for the most vulnerable;
- We promote a learning culture which values staff and volunteers;
- We work in partnership;
- We are committed to making a difference through quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- We listen, respond and value our children and young people, families and communities;
If you share our values and want to help us realise our ambition for our children, young people and families we offer you:
- Highly visible and committed senior and strong frontline management team
- An extensive professional development programme and purposeful career pathways
- A wider programme to support your wellbeing
- Highly competitive pay rates and generous annual leave entitlement