Team Leader - 172747
Kier Services is looking to recruit a Team Leader who will report to the Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising, planning and organising employees & workload.
- Monitor performance through leadership, direction and coaching ensuring teams meet demand and hit targets
- Discharge Health and Safety responsibilities in accordance with ‘Kier Group Safety, Health and Environment management system’ requirements
- Provide a professional, efficient and cost effective service to the required quality standards and within approved budgets, in compliance with appropriate legislative controls and within the policies of Kier
- Support the business in building and operating a first-class business stream to achieve company objectives
- Assess the extent of work to be undertaken, in full compliance with the client contract and in consideration of health and safety and budgetary constraints
- Ensure each task is completed safely, within the specified timeframe and to full standard
- Lead, manage and contribute to the development of your team, using coaching and other management techniques
- Assist in the planning of work schedules including the deployment of staff and subcontractors. Ensure a continuity of work for operational resources to achieve contractually specified timescales and current operational procedures
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, internal and external customers and suppliers
- Maintain quality/standards to contractual levels
- Liaison with Client’s Operational staff to ensure Key Performance Parameters are met or exceeded within budget constraints.
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Manage site safety, heath & environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and Liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions and resource
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors using COINS financial management accounting system
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Two years minimum industry experience
- Qualification in relevant industry qualification
- Supervisory experience
- Recent experience of delivering and maintaining solutions
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Good understanding of workplace Health and Safety
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, Project 98, Outlook and COINS Financial Management Accounting System
- Prioritise effectively and have the ability to lead in difficult situations demonstrating adaptability in meeting customer’s needs
- Flexibility in order to meet personal and team targets
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, organised and able to manage a team with good communication skills both written and verbally
Primary Location : United Kingdom-England-Essex-Witham
Job : Facilities Management
Organization : Kier Group UK