When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Care Team Leader/ Senior Support Worker
Willowbeck, Sheffield -S4 8AR
Hourly Rate: £8.76 per hour
About the Home:
Willowbeck is a nurse-led home for adults with complex needs. At Willowbeck, we build our care and activity plans around the person, not the condition. We support and encourage people to be happy, fulfilled and involved in their care. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for, so we identify achievable goals and outcomes with our residents, their families and relevant professionals.
About the role:
As care assistant team leader, your enthusiasm, compassion and support is fundamental in providing high quality care to our service users.You will be responsible for overseeing the quality of care carried out by your team on a daily basis, ensuring a safe and effective service is maintained. We aim to make every day better for those in our care, by promoting independence and dignity throughout everyday life.
You will work to assist with personal care, as well as ensuring both physical and emotional needs of service users – and in some cases, their families – are met. An NVQ/QCF level 2/3 in health and social care is desirable for this post, equivalent experience may be considered.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support your care team in carrying out their roles; from assisting with medication and personal hygiene, to supporting organised outings
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- Liaise with nurses, GPs and social workers to ensure service users are receiving the medical support required
- Review the care and support delivered in a daily basis
- Welcome and train new members of your care team
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care would be advantageous but not essential.
Our health care team leaders will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-activity to meet the needs of our service users. You will also be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work. You will lead, demonstrating outstanding professional practice whilst coaching other in your team. You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 3 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health
£8.76 per hour