We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our team in Staplehurst, Kent.
As a Team Leader you play a key role in the day to day management of the home. You will provide support and supervision to the team of support staff, be key to managing the rota and ensuring staff are fully trained, and provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model.
You will be working in one of our supported living homes for people with learning disabilities and complex health needs, so previous experience in this area would be an advantage. Working alongside the Support Manager and staff team your role will be to ensure that the people we support are living the life they want and empowering people to reach their desired goals.
This is also a great opportunity for senior carers (HCAs) looking to work in a different setting and with access to a range of training and development opportunities and well as excellent benefit opportunities.
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability, mental health needs or behaviours that may challenge.
Skills & Experience
As part of the management team you need to have excellent communication including verbal, written and IT skills and be organised, and plan your time effectively.
As a requirement of the role you will need to be willing to work flexibly over a 7-day rota, including shifts. You will also have (or be willing to work towards) a level 3 Qualification, Credit Framework Diploma (QCF)
You will be a driver, with access to a car, as you will be required to take part in the out of hours on-call rota and travel for training.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by Affinity Trust.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
- Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme
*pro rata for part time staff
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans