We have an opportunity available at Suffolk County Council for you to join our Home First service as a Team Leader based in Ipswich. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,295 per annum plus benefits.
Home First is an in-house care and reablement service which assists people to regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living in their own homes for longer which may be following a stay in hospital, an illness or crisis at home; or help to avoid an admission in to hospital.
The service works closely with colleagues from ACS Integrated Neighbourhood and Hospital Teams, Independent Providers, Health, the Boroughs and Districts, the Multi-Agency Safeguarding and a wide range of agencies in the voluntary sector.
In return for joining us as our Team Leader, we will offer you:
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Relocation scheme for qualifying new employees
- A free DBS check (if you are registered on the DBS Update Service)
- Public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- Tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Benefits scheme that includes childcare voucher, salary sacrifice scheme
- A free 24/7 support line, providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- A wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies
About the role:
As a Team Leader Allocator, you will take the daily operational lead of performance managing, developing and directing your team of allocators that work to manage and administer the significant demand and pressures from referrals coming in from community and hospital teams.
You will then oversee the allocation of referrals to Reablement Support Workers in a timely and efficient way, while carrying out a referral triage in Liquid Logic by flagging moving cases accordingly when required.
The significance of the role you will play within Home First, is very important in us achieving a service that runs smoothly and effectively.
What we are looking for in our Team Leader:
- Proven ability to allocate and manage an effective workflow system
- The ability to accurately prioritise high volumes of work
- Experience of managing staff
Above all, we are seeking a great team member with the right values and behaviours, to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do;
- Achieve - be the best we can be
- Support - work as one team
- Pride - take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire - model the ASPIRE values
- Respect - give and earn respect
- Empower - empower, encourage and motivate people.
Closing Date: Sunday 14th July, 11.30pm
Reference Number: SCC03729
Adult service is challenging but will continue to be fascinating and very rewarding. If you would like to be a part of this as our Team Leader or find out more information, then please click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.