Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Team Leaders provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Team Leader to join our team in Blackhall Colliery.
Abbeyvale Care Centre is a caring residential service providing accommodation for people with a variety of different issues people may experience in their lives from physical needs, old age, dementia or mental health needs. It is our aim to ensure our residents feel comfortable and completely at ease at Abbeyvale.
Together our focus is to provide a positive, homely atmosphere that, with our tailored support, will help each person living with us to achieve the goals and aspirations that are important to them. We have 42 modern en-suite bedrooms, 3 well equipped spacious communal area, a large accessible well-maintained garden area with raised flower beds. The home is also wheelchair accessible for individuals who have physical disabilities and mobility issues.
The role is Full Time hours that will consist of shifts over a 7 day rota
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Staff do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £10.56
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
The Team Leader Role
As a Team Leader, you will promote and ensure that the company vision of person-centred support is implemented whilst maintaining an individual’s potential and independence. You will be the front-line manager, whilst also ensuring all necessary back office duties are completed within compliance.
A Team Leader is required to respect and work cooperatively with others, enabling the people we support to live in their own home or within their local community with dignity and confidence. Responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for staff management and staff development.
- Leading the staff in promoting each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life.
- Monitor and assist the effective delivery of group and individual activities within homes that address agreed client goals and the progress of clients against agreed outcome and well-being measures.
- Ensure that liaison with external parties within their areas of responsibility is coordinated effectively to ensure that communication is effective and consistent within the home.
- Work in accordance with Company values, policies and procedures, legislation and national minimum standards.
- Meet agreed individual annual objectives.
- Promote each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life
- Responsibility for completing and reviewing internal quality compliance systems
The most important qualities needed are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supporting adults with mental health conditions.
- Have a minimum of a Level 3 NVQ/QCF in Health and Social Care or working towards this.
- Hold a Safe Handling of medication Certificate.
- Completing staff rotas, supervisions and appraisals
- Willing to take part on the On-call Rota
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.