With expertise spanning the Commercial and Defence sectors, Teledyne e2v pioneers industry-leading innovation and technology around the world. We provide standard and custom RF and Semiconductor solutions that meet our customers’ exacting performance needs and specification requirements. Our unique approach to the market and our genuine understanding of the application challenges that can occur – from initial concept right through to manufacture – enable us to help our customers optimize their system’s performance, reliability and cost of ownership
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day organisation of the team to achieve the unit's objectives and provide a first point of contact for internal customers. You will be part of a busy team producing/modifying and upgrading new and legacy production equipment, jigs and prototypes used for the manufacture of RF products.
The successful applicants responsibilities would include:
- Organise and prioritisation of teams workload.
- Fabrication on components for new equipment and upgrading existing.
- Management of a workshop and workshop equipment.
- Produce plans on team development/training.
- Manage teams time sheets, over time records and annual leave.
- Identify outsourcing opportunities and liaise with suppliers when appropriate.
- Enforce good health and safety practices within the team.
- Enforce good house keeping practices within the team.
- Whenever possible support the equipment maintenance and calibration teams.
- Assist with apprentice training.
- Input in to the specification and design process of making new production equipment.
- Work split is likely to be approximately 70% hands on and 30% management.
Skills, experience and qualifications that will be essential:
- A technical/engineering/crafts-person apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and metal machining (pref. min 5 years’ experience).
- Good leadership skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Welding (MIG, TIG and arc).
- Health and safety knowledge to enable basic risk and COSHH assessment.
- Ability to work from detailed technical drawings.
- Competent I.T. skills.
Skills, experience or qualifications that would be desirable:
- Previous experience of working in a maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Basic electrical and pipe-fitting knowledge.
- An engineering HNC.
- Able to use/trained in AutoCad.
- PLC programming or fault finding.
- Suitable supervision qualification.
The ideal candidate would have personal attributes that include:
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to use their own initiative.
- Has a high attention to detail and quality.
- Takes a proactive approach to new working practices and techniques.
- Has energy, confidence and builds effective relationships.
- Boundary-less approach and prepared to challenge the norm.
- Customer focused.
- Takes ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- Is resourceful and innovative.
- Enjoys new challenges.