Location: United Kingdom-United Kingdom (County level)-Crumlin-Crumlin Factory, Wales
Job Field: Supply Chain
Posting Date: Sep-25-2019
End Date: Oct-04-2019
Job Type: Regular
Shift: Day Job
Job Schedule: Full-time
Role Title: Flexible Team Leader
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £11.90 plus 40% shift allowance
Shifts: Weekend 6pm– 6am Saturday & Sunday and 16 hours to be worked during a working week Monday to Friday
(Flexibility in this role iskeythis role will act as the ‘stand in’ team leader to cover any holidays, sickness or volume requirements so will be required to be flexible to amend their hours alongside business requirements)
Do you love a Pot Noodle as much as we do? Do you want to be involved in the heart of the manufacturing operation for this product?
Acting as a machine operator day to day but stepping up into team leader role as required. This role is responsible (and when stepping up will be accountable) for the delivery of Safety, Quality and Production targets in a small manufacturing team.
This will be achieved by performing a variety of tasks within the team structure (or leading the team when stepping up). These tasks will include: - working closely with other team members to efficiently operate automated Processing and Packaging equipment, manage materials required for production, set up and maintain equipment as required and clean equipment to hygienic standards. Also, when acting up, development and training of the team to maximise its effectiveness and effective, informed decision making.
- Ensure Safety is a value by applying the site Health & Safety policy in ALL aspects of the role and ensure adherence to ALL Health & Safety Standards. Completing near miss / accident reports and participate in investigations as necessary.
- Participate in advancing the safety program by actively using key safety tools such as – Hazard identification and reporting, Safety Risk assessments, Safety audits
- Ensure that when stepping up activity aimed at delivering the site production plan takes place in compliance with the QA system (Including ensuring that Quality Attribute Checks , CCPs & QCP checking are carried out by team)
- Assist in non-conformance investigations as required
- Ensure that Critical Control Point (CCP) & Quality Control Point (QCP) checks are carried out, documented and appropriate corrective action is taken as required.
- Effectively manage housekeeping and organisation in area of control to factory GMP standard
- Operate and monitor Food processing, filling and packaging equipment to ensure production targets are met, proactively looking for and resolving issues before they develop
- Troubleshoot, problem-solve and rectify equipment related issues to minimise downtime and maximise Operational Efficiency, always looking for root cause elimination
- Interact with and operate automated equipment via computer terminals or touch screen interface
- Ensure issues that affect line performance (equipment or people) are communicated effectively to engineering group or to Team Leader.
- Carry out Line changeovers and product set ups on equipment (includes basic mechanical set ups of equipment and program changes for automated equipment)
- Mechanically disassemble and reassemble lines for hygiene and changeover
- Carry out line hygiene and changeover cleaning using chemicals or CIP system
- Coordinate and manage material supply to and from the production Line
As an acting Team Leader you would be responsible for the below when stepping up:
- Conduct GMP Audits of own area and work in conjunction with POM and QA dept to ensure GMP standards are maintained
- Have knowledge of and understand Planning Process to ensure team meets Production Performance Targets (PPC)
- Have knowledge of and understands Line efficiency targets and performance (OE) to ensure cascaded to team
- Plan and manage Labour requirements for the team in conjunction with the POM
- Coordinate Line activities (eg changeovers, hygiene), people, and material flow to ensure effective labour utilization and minimum downtime
- Ensure issues that affect line performance (equipment or people) are communicated effectively to engineering group of to POM
- Ensure issues that affect line performance (equipment or people) are communicated effectively to engineering group or to POM
- Make effective, informed decisions to ensure Safety and Quality standards are maintained and that Productivity targets are reached (PPC & OE) as required
- Track and manage the Time, attendance, holiday of the team in conjunction with the POM to ensure adequate labour cover and complete Return to Work Documentation as required
- Complete required Shift documentation (Downtime information, SQP issues, Shift Results)
- Identify and recognise team training needs (Skills and Competencies) to feed into an established training plan. Track in conjunction with the POM.
- Lead by example and demonstrate Positive behaviours and values to which the team can aspire
- Support and Positively influence the team to follow set standards and practice to ensure performance standards are met
- Build relationships with other Team Leaders to ensure effective working achieved
- Must hold Safety and Quality as a value and be an advocate for Safe behaviour in others
- Must be Experienced in equipment operation, preferable in a medium/high speed packaging or processing environment
- Practical Mechanical experience in a similar production environment desirable
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement methodologies (TPM, Six Sigma, Lean, 5S, Kan Ban) desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coach, motivate and develop others
- Basic computer literacy or practical Human Machine Interface (HMI) experience desirable
- SAP or other MRP experience advantageous
- Forklift truck experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills and team working ability with the ability to work at all levels.
- Must be able to work calmly in challenging situations