- Assisting the Tax Compliance and & Reporting Manager in month end/quarter end/year end tax provisions and tax reporting for listing purposes in the USA and other reasons. This process involves tax packs and summaries in specific formats and creation of tax journals for posting by Finance department. The reporting is of Current Tax, Deferred Tax - provided and un-provided, different types of timing differences and Tax Payments made by the group.
- Writing Tax Notes & tax disclosure for UK statutory accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of UK VAT returns and VAT compliance in the UK and other EMEA jurisdictions.
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations of Tax Balances for the International Tax Manager .
- Analysing tax balances in the books, reconciling them to HMRC online records and preparing the necessary tax journals
- Assisting the International Tax Manager managing tax compliance for Europe and Asia - different types of tax filings and payments. This involves knowing deadlines and meeting deadlines, liaising with financial controllers and tax advisers. Reviewing of foreign tax returns may be involved but prior experience is not essential as the International Tax Manager shall give guidance.
- Providing back up for preparations of UK tax returns when required.
- Administrative tasks which includes writing to HMRC, processing tax payments, obtaining tax residence certificates, withholding tax exemption documentation, making elections, filing of tax documentations.
- Ad hoc projects.
QUALITIES OF CANDIDATE:
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA, part qualified considered) - knowledge of GAAPs, IFRS, understanding of Deferred Tax, able to prepare Tax Notes for accounts etc.
- Experience in quarterly/year end reporting for a group of entities
- Ability to handle large volumes of data using excel.
- Sound understanding of bookkeeping and journal construction in order to ensure that tax journals are correct.
- Tax knowledge to the extent of being able to prepare UK tax computations.
- Financial Services experience desirable (but not essential).
- Able to manage tax compliance and tax payments of the group's entities i.e. liaising with tax authorities on filing and tax payments, liaising with tax advisers and financial controllers.
- Willing to be involved in specific projects e.g. transfer pricing, country specific research and tax audits.
- US GAAP knowledge desirable (but not essential) .
- Experience in other taxes e.g. foreign withholding tax accounting and tax relief, CT61 returns, stamp duty, withholding tax, desirable.
- A flexible and resilient approach, great degree of initiative, able to work on their own and to undertake research.
- Good communication skills - in writing and in liaising with others and ability to work as part of an international team.
To all recruitment agencies - BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details