The Team: As a member of the Talent Acquisition team, you will work closely with team members in the region and across the globe. This is a dynamic team that strives on individual and team development, we provide countless opportunities to learn transferable skills and global recruitment best practices.
The Impact: This role is key to ensuring the successful sourcing and engagement of high-quality and diverse talent for SPGI. The Channel Specialist (Sourcer) will utilize a variety of tools and resources to uncover the best untapped talent in the world. You will find superstars in hard-to-reach places and learn about their skills and motivations and then connect them with S&P, as appropriate. You will build candidate networks through social media sourcing techniques and educate them on the opportunities and culture of S&P. You will also help recruiters and managers solve problems by feeding them market intel and make recommendations. In working with us, you will be exposed to a very professional, high-level consulting environment across multiple job families that go beyond Talent Acquisition.
What’s in it for you: S&P Global is seeking a Talent Acquisition Channel Specialist (Sourcer). This role is responsible for delivering continuous improvements in the quality, time and cost of hiring, via strategic and efficient candidate identification. You will become the S&P story teller to the world, and will form deep relationships with interesting, dynamic people. Further, the Channel Specialist (Sourcer) will be expected to align to their client’s business strategy(ies) and deliver against metrics. This position will sit in London, UK.
- Work closely with TA colleagues and the business to identify the ideal candidate characteristics and skills; plus develop lists of companies to target while building out a sourcing strategy.
- Be an integral part of all aspects of the recruiting process from the intake meeting through effective sourcing, even helping with offer negotiation when appropriate.
- Be an advisor to the candidates and guide them through the entire hiring process.
- Attract, engage and advise potential talent with candidate experience being a top priority.
- Expert level knowledge of new and innovative search methodologies and tools which include sourcing beyond LinkedIn.
- Ability and drive to continually explore/test/maximize sourcing strategies. This includes exploration and adoption of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning based tools at all levels of the search process (branding, engagement, and sourcing, screening, interviewing and closing offers).
- Learn and maintain a strong understanding of S&P Global’s business and industry.
- Develop and optimize pipelines, beyond names and titles; maintain developed sources of relevant talent.
- Conduct cold approaches and convert into commitment, via linkage to the S&P Global Employee Value Proposition.
- Build and maintain strong pipelines of passive candidates through external and internal networking.
- Provide expert advice, market intelligence data, and recommendations to TA and hiring managers to support key recruiting decisions.
- Explore and recommend new and innovative techniques to ensure a positive candidate experience, for both hired and declined candidates, to reinforce the S&P brand reputation.
- Stay informed on, and adhere to, the global SPGI policies, Immigration, Relocation, Agency, Referrals and Offer Letters.
- Measure conversion rates, including numbers of passive candidates who turn into applicants, invited to interviews, receive offers, and hired
- Be prepared to spend approximately 30% of time working on agile projects in the People Function (outside TA).
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS in Business or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ of corporate sourcing or recruitment agency experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience in search and high capability of delivering
- Effective time-management abilities
- Proven hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- Understanding of agile methodologies or experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience delivering successfully against metrics and in tight timeframes with multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- Familiarity with HR databases and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs)
- Bi-lingual communication skills are a plus
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.