Do you want to join a leading and successful growing company with an impressive track record in Access Control, Electronic Locking and Cashless Payment Solutions?
Join our team as Systems Technician UK.
Since 1982, GANTNER Electronic GmbH, headquartered in Austria and with 10 offices worldwide, has become the global leader in Access Control, Electronic Locking and Cashless Payment Solutions. Due to the rapid growth in the UK across multiple market segments such as Health, Fitness & Leisure, Corporate, Education and Healthcare, we would like to expand our UK team with a Systems Technician.
The Gantner Systems Technician is primarily responsible for installation and maintenance of Gantner products and systems in Gantner client locations. Responsibilities include the effective support of our customers and sub-contractors associated with installation and maintenance works for Gantner. This position within Gantner requires the services of a dedicated and professional individual who is prepared to provide premium customer service whilst always representing the Gantner business in a professional and courteous manner.
This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, a self-starter and capable of working at times with minimal supervision.
The Gantner Systems Technician role demands a high degree of responsibility and integrity as this role is customer facing and duties are predominantly performed on customer premises.
- Install and maintain Gantner products and systems as directed by the Service & Installation Manager UK.
- Layout, build, test, troubleshoot, modify and repair Gantner and associated products associated with Gantner client installations.
- Efficiently manage own day to day activities associated with this role as set out regularly by the Service and Installation Manager UK.
- Manage project stock once allocated or shipped to client site to ensure project installation and maintenance is delivered in a timely manner and on budget associated with allocated works.
- Manage client and sub-contractors operations in all instances where subcontractors are engaged to assist in the installation and maintenance of products and systems in Gantner client locations ensuring customer satisfaction and Gantner profile is maintained at all times.
- Observe Gantner operational guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring projects and services are delivered on time and on budget.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to management including the preparation and submission of installation and maintenance records, stock forecasts, etc.
- Observe Health, Safety and Environment policies of Gantner and others associated with all works conducted as a Gantner employee.
- Always represent, promote and maintain the professional profile of Gantner to clients and other parties associated with the Gantner business.
Tasks, Accountability and Measurement:
- Undertake all works in accordance with instructions given from time to time the Service & Installation Manager UK.
- Communicate in timely and accurate manner to relevant parties (Gantner staff, customers, associated business etc.) all relevant details ensuring efficient and effective delivery of products and services.
- Utilize the Gantner UK – task management platform (WEB) to allocate, manage, receive and report on tasks associated with all aspects of customer service and support.
- Maintain electronic project folders in line with Gantner SOP’s and associated documentation within required time frames set out by Gantner management.
- Use initiative to enhance procedures and practices relevant to the position.
- Attend meetings (internal and external) as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information relevant to projects.
- Prepare a variety of written materials (e.g. work reports, inventory control, procedures, operating notes etc) for the purpose of documenting activities.
- Deliver works on time and on budget as set out by Gantner Management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Gantner business.
Qualifications / Knowledge
The Gantner Systems Technician will be required to obtain then maintain the following qualifications and knowledge. Gantner will work with the employee to enhance qualifications and knowledge as per items below in line with ongoing employee development as reviewed (performance review) periodically.
- Industry recognised qualification (trade, associate diploma, and diploma) in Electrical or Electronics / Network / Communications discipline is highly desirable.
- CSCS/ECS Card Holder
- Security Industry Licence (Electronic Equipment) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of computers and computer networking associated with typical environments where Gantner smartcard locking systems are installed.
- Develop an up to date knowledge of Gantner RFID locking systems equipment and software. (Internal training will be provided)
- Develop an understanding of existing customer systems and operations with a main focus on Access Control and Electronic Locks.
- Commercial acumen associated with contracting systems or services within the construction sector (major builders) or end clients.
- Understanding and willingness to observe all relevant requirements of Health Safety and Environment associated with the employee’s duties and responsibilities.
Workplace and Hours of Duty
- The Gantner System Technician will be home office based however this position will require the candidate to work throughout UK with occasional travel abroad where Gantner systems are being installed or maintained.
- There will be a requirement for periodic interstate project works including 1-2 (average) night’s stay over depending on project requirements.
- The candidate will be required to work a 40 hour week during normal business hours however flexibility to work hours to fit with project or client requirements will be required from time to time.