Job Title: Synthetic Organic Chemist
Location: Alderley Park, Macclesfield, UK
Salary: £23,000 - £32,000 D.O.E & Excellent Benefits
Apex Molecular, a rapidly expanding chemistry contract research organization (CRO) based in Cheshire, England, is currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist (multiple vacancies) to join our growing contract research and medicinal chemistry teams.
The successful Synthetic Organic Chemist will experience the full variety of chemistry within Apex Molecular including:
- Custom synthesis projects on small, lab scale up to 20 litre scale
- TE projects synthesising compound libraries for testing in medicinal chemistry lead identification / lead optimisation programs
- Handling and synthesis of highly potent active pharmaceutical ingredients
They will work closely with our existing experienced contract synthesis and research chemistry teams, and communicate directly with customers to continue to deliver the levels of technical excellence and customer service we pride ourselves on.
Within our labs we are equipped to work on milligram to kilogram scale chemistry and have high quality analytical facilities both in-house and through the site open access analytical laboratory. In addition, with our dedicated high potency laboratory facility we also offer the synthesis of hormones, opioids, prostaglandins and cytotoxic oncology small molecules associated with antibody drug conjugates (ADCs).
Synthetic Organic Chemist Requirements:
- Previous experience (2 years) in practical organic chemistry as a Research Chemist
- Educated to a BSc/MChem level is essential
- Further qualified in a chemistry based subject to PhD level is highly desirable
- Experience gained in pharmaceuticals, life sciences or agrochemical sectors is desirable
- Additional experience in medicinal chemistry drug design or the synthesis of high potency small molecules is advantageous
- Annual salary of £23,000 - £32,000 (depending on experience)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Other excellent benefits
To apply for the Synthetic Organic Chemist position, please send your CV, please click on the apply button!
Apex Molecular is a leading UK provider of specialist contract research chemistry services supporting our life science industry customers early phase research and development, and initial scale up projects. Founded in 2011, the company has quickly established a reputation for its service, innovation and value. Our customers and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agrochemical and advanced materials companies, and research institutes.
£23,000 - £32,000 (depending on experience) and other excellent benefits