Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Building Services Engineering, Sustainability, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management and Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, healthcare providers, contractors, developers etc.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Sustainability Consultant to join our team in Oxford
• Assist with building IES dynamic models
• Assist with producing Energy Performance Certificates and Display Energy Certificates
• Assist with producing technical briefing notes and reports as required
• Assist project stakeholders as part of a specialist team with all issues relating to sustainability
• Expand the role of Sustainability Consultant role to encompass wider issues of sustainability pre and post construction.
• Production of reports and drawings where appropriate
• Training in BREEAM or other similar sustainability assessment methodology would be an advantage
• An understanding of Building Regulation Part L
• Familiarity with IES software would be an advantage, if not willingness to be trained to operate the software
• Able to produce concise verbal and written reports to a good standard of English
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of renewable and LZCT options
• Experience with planning support documents (NRIAs, London Plan etc)
• A full driving licence
It is anticipated the role will require initial and on-going training in areas where knowledge may be limited and you will be fully supported by Ridge in gaining this expertise.
Benefits At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our people.
And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
•25 days holiday
•Pension: Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
•Highly competitive salary