About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor to join our Major Projects team to work in Bridgwater, Somerset.
What you'll be doing
As a Surveyor, you will have the following:
- Responsible for the security and integrity of Project survey equipment
- Responsible for the sufficiency of survey equipment with Project Surveyor
- Responsible for ensuring that setting out survey data is to an acceptable standard
- Responsible for the quality of the setting out derived from survey data
- Responsible for ensuring that all core service requirements are correctly implemented
- Responsible for ensuring effective liaison with others to progress setting out requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that project specific survey procedures are followed
- Responsible for measuring setting out activities through proactive and reactive monitoring
- Responsible for providing monitoring data to the Project Surveyor, and performing corrective and preventative actions, as agreed with him. · Responsible for the control and monitoring of the Setting out Request Book. Co-operation
- Co-operate with the teams and subcontractors on their requirements, agree with the Project Surveyor
- Attend Project Surveyor meetings as required
- To support the working parties, which result from project and OpCo needs with respect to surveying activities
- Review and update Surveying Services Manual as required
- Ensure co -operation of site survey staff with project teams (healthy relationship)
- Co-operate with the Project Surveyor to provide KPI’s to develop best practice
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.