Due to investing significantly in their fundraising team, our client has created a number of new posts to support growth in Individual Giving, including a Supporter Development Manager.
Position: Supporter Development Manager
Location: Based in Sidmouth, Devon - "an area of outstanding natural beauty”
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day's holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date:Thursday 21 November 2019
The charity is at an important stage in their fundraising strategy having achieved significant growth in the last 5 years. They are investing significantly in the fundraising team to help them towards their ambition of reaching £50m income by 2023. Due to this, they have created a number of new posts to support growth in Individual Giving.
As Supporter Development Manager, you will:
- Effectively lead a team of fundraisers to ensure growth in the direct debit supporter base.
- Develop and oversee an effective supporter development strategy across all campaigns.
- Provide motivational support and coaching for team members.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key fundraising personnel.
- Develop a fast-moving, agile supporter programme.
A proactive and inspirational line manager with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, the Supporter Development Manager will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working with supporter or customer data in the context of planning and evaluating direct marketing activities.
- A familiarity with the principles of direct marketing and Customer Relationship Management systems.
- The ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail.
If you feel you have the qualities, skills and experience to fulfil this varied, rewarding and vital role, we would love to hear from you.
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK's largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
"The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Fundraising Manager, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Volunteer Manager, Volunteer Support.