Job Reference: J123-1063---CONIFER
- The Huntercombe Group
- Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
- £8.82 per hour
We are currently seeking Support Workers to join our Adult Mental Health & Learning Disability Service at Conifer Lodge Care Home, located in Wisbech, 22 miles from Peterborough.
Conifer Lodge is a care home with nursing that provides care, treatment and rehabilitation for adults aged 18 and upwards with; mild to moderate intellectualdisabilities,co-morbid mental health problems, Autistic Spectrum Conditions and complex needs.
We provide comprehensive assessment and treatment programmes working collaboratively with patients and their families or carers.
Conifer Lodge combines a friendly, therapeutic environment focusing on rehabilitation and community reintegration and supports those who may have moved on from a hospital environment.
Based in the market town of Wisbech, north of Cambridge it is located just a 20 minute walk fromthe centre of Wisbech and is 40 miles from Cambridge.
We’re looking for caring and committed individuals who want to work with a company that understands how important Support Workers are to our patients/residents recovery.
Many of our patients arrive with complex and challenging needs. Huntercombe Support Workers work in small teams with nurses, doctors, therapists and other experts, and together they make a world of difference to people’s lives.
When you join The Huntercombe Group as a Support Worker, you will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is innovative, reliable and accessible and above all puts people first.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
As a Support Worker working in our Adult Mental Health & Learning Disability Service your main duties will be:
- To assist the senior trained staff in their day-to-day duties and clinical related tasks
- Maintaining and developing a high standard of care for our patients/residents by being aware of their individual needs and care programmes
- Contributing towards effective communication, by reporting to the nurse in charge any information given by the patient/resident or relative of any incident or observation which may affect our patients physical/mental well-being
- Providing practical assistance to our patients/residents in carrying out everyday living tasks whilst encouraging them to develop their daily living skills and realising their potential to live as independently as they find possible
- To be actively involved with the day to day routine in individual and group activities
- To practice within a legal framework encompassing statutory, organisational policy and guidelines.
To Join The Huntercombe Group as Support Worker you will be:
- Empathetic and have a desire to make a difference
- Passionate about forming therapeutic relationships
- Committed to a person-centred approach to recovery
- Enthusiastic about working as part of a dedicated team
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- An effective communicator with good written and verbal skills
- Willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Legally entitled to work in the UK
An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
If you like what you have read, are dynamic, forward thinking and keen to learn, with a confident ‘CAN DO’ approach in all you do, please click Apply now.