Job Title: Support Worker (Mental Health)
Location: Lee, London
Salary: £22,266 - £23,645 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (35 hours per week, shift based)
Closing Date: Tuesday 26th November 2019
Do you want to work for an organisation committed to employee engagement, where every employee is valued and listened to? Do you want to be offered excellent personal development, training and supervision to help you achieve your full potential? Then join their team as a Support Worker.
They have a Support Worker vacancy at Newstead Rd, London SE12 which has 12 self-contained flats plus generous communal areas and garden, offering residents activities around the creative arts, cooking, gardening and animal care.
Reporting to a Team Leader and working with a team of Recovery Workers, the Support Worker role includes enabling residents to develop their skills and confidence for independent living.
The role includes medication administration, and tenancy sustainment, but experience in these areas is not essential as we will provide you with training.
This is a shift based role (earlies and lates) including weekends on a rota with optional sleep-in for which a separate allowance is paid.
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the Recovery Model
What they offer in return:
- A 35 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days (plus 8 paid Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme (if you choose to pay above the statutory minimum, the organisation will match this up to 7.4%)
- Employee Assistance Programme (available 24 hours per day)
- Paid Carer's leave and Compassionate leave
- Comprehensive training to develop your skills and knowledge
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Tax exemption for cycle to work scheme
- Access to reduced price gym membership
Confirmation of appointment is subject to obtaining an acceptable Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service.
The Organisation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage male applicants for this role as male employees are currently under-represented at Newstead Road.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the organisation's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Support Worker, Carer, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Autism Support may also be considered for this role.
£22,266.00 - £23,645.00 per year