Salary: £8.21-£8.55 per hour
About the Company:
Are you an enthusiastic person with a willingness to support others to try new things? Are you committed to empowering people to enhance their independence? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Perthyn is a large not-for-profit charity who provide support to people with learning disabilities in England and Wales. We deliver person-centred services, encouraging individuals to live as independently as possible within their home and community.
The Support Worker Role:
You will support 3 ladies with some physical as well as learning disabilities who live in their own bungalow at Harmer Hill, as well as 3 ladies sharing a joint tenancy for the first time in Shrewsbury. You may also work with some more independent individuals who need support with specific aspects of daily living.
There is the option to apply for the role where you will be supporting 4 People with learning disabilities with some physical support needs, 3 females and one male who share a house together in Shrewsbury.
Alternatively, you could be supporting 2 ladies with complex support needs as well as learning disabilities who live in their own bungalow in Shrewsbury. You may also work with some more independent individuals who need support with specific aspects of daily living.
Support Worker Requirements:
• Previous care experience
• Enthusiastic person
• Willing to support others to try new things
• Excellent communication skills
• Friendly personality
• Full UK Driving Licence (Essential)
Support Worker Benefits:
• Guaranteed hours and permanent contracts
• Progression and developmental opportunities
• Full and comprehensive training
• The opportunity to complete health and social care qualifications
• Rotas that are issued up to 4 weeks in advance, with shifts equally shared amongst support staff teams
• Family friendly policies
• Generous holiday entitlement of up to 34 days leave per annum
• 45p per mile mileage allowance
• Enhanced maternity and sick pay
• Ride to work scheme
• £55 sleep in allowance
• Company pension scheme
• £250 recommend a friend scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Certificate
If you think that you are suitable for this Support Worker role, please apply now!