Support Worker - Nights
New Directions FSC
- “Our mission is to provide outstanding social care in supportive personalised environments, empowering our clients to achieve their goals on their journey to autonomy and independence”
- One of the largest growing supported living providers in Hertfordshire
- Progression opportunities to a Specialist Practitioner Role, a role comparable to an assistant psychologist and OT tech post with additional management responsibilities.
- Opportunity to work closely with consultant psychologists, autism specialists and occupational therapists
- Serious commitment to staff CPD, with abundant development opportunities including fully funded diplomas and further education and qualifications upon passing your probationary period.
- We have one of only 2% of social care services in the U.K to be awarded Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
We are looking to recruit a motivated and dynamic Support Worker to join our team at New Directions.
As a support worker you will:
- Facilitate a programme of therapeutic activities
- Co-Produce support plans and risk management plans with your clients
- Facilitate 1:1 key work sessions with clients
- Engage in clinical reflective practice sessions to reflect on experience and develop your skill set
- Be passionate about making a positive difference to people’s lives
- Have strong person centred values
Applicants with knowledge or experience in mental health and autism are encouraged to apply, however all training is provided and no prior experience is necessary.
Every service at New Directions has been awarded a rating of ‘Excellent’ in the East of England contract
To find out more about our company values and inspection results, please visit our website here: www.newdirectionsfsc.co.uk
Employee support and wellbeing - We offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is a 24 hour service to assist with emotional support, legal advice, counselling, medical advice, work/home support, fitness, personal coaching and health assessments.
Staff Recognition - As well as annual appraisals and regular supervisions, employees’ hard work is recognised through our quarterly Outstanding Performance Award programme whereby those employees who go above and beyond receive a personal reward
Team Away Days - Dedicated days to get the whole team together and do something fun e.g. Escape Rooms, Crazy Golf
Refer a Friend - Employees receive £250 for referring a friend and the appointed applicant also receives £250 after completion of probation
Employee Discounts -A wide range of discounts on cinema tickets, gym and fitness, groceries, travel, shopping, food and savings on technology
Annual Leave–2 additional days for 5 years and 10 years’ service.A day in lieu for every bank holiday worked and employees can buy or sell up to 5 annual leave days
Childcare - You can exchange up to £243 worth of salary to receive the same amount in childcare vouchers (this is before NI and Tax are applied and includes nannies, holiday clubs, and afterschool clubs).
Training and Progression - Opportunities to complete Health and Social Care Diplomas, fully funded by the organisation. Continuous training in different types of mental health conditionsand opportunities to progress into a senior role
42 Hours per week, (12 hour shift patterns). This is a full time permanent role subject to DBS checks and references.