Papworth Trust has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join our team based in Lowestoft. This is a full time, permanent position (30-37.5 hours available). In return, you will receive a competitive salary from £8.21 per hour with additional benefits and enhancements.
Papworth Trust is a leading disability charity with over 100 years’ experience of championing equality, providing choice and promoting independence. Papworth Trust delivers a varied programme of outcome focused learning, employment and social opportunities for our disabled customers.
We provide support to people who have disabilities to make the most of their lives and opportunities, including help with managing their households, personal care, looking for work and leisure opportunities and creating and maintaining a great social life.
What we’re looking for in our Support Worker:
- Responsible and caring
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and able to manage your time well
- Experience in providing care to people with complex medical and mental health needs
- Flexibility in your working pattern, able to commit to full time working hours and have availability to cover sleeping nights
- Good team worker
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
Benefits of becoming our Support Worker:
- Competitive pay, enhancements and guaranteed hours
- A contributory Pension
- Retail Voucher Scheme
- 28 days annual leave including public holidays
- Full pay whilst training
- Flexible working, including part time and full time
- Paid for DBS
- Supportive induction programme
- Regular supervisions
- Employee Assistive programme
- A great place to work (IIP standard status, working towards IIP Silver status within 12 months)
Would you like to make a real difference to someone’s life? If you feel you have the right skills, experience, passion and drive to fulfil this role, click ‘apply’ today to become our Support Worker.
This role is subject to DBS checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, please presume that your application has been unsuccessful. Please note that no discourtesy is intended by this practice.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we welcome applications from Disabled Candidates.
Papworth Trust is an equal opportunities employer. Charity Number: 211234