Fancy a job where you can be a superhero without having to wear a cape?
Ever thought of becoming a Support Worker?
We are recruiting Support Workers to join our wonderful and dedicated team at our service in the picturesque seaside village of Llangrannog.
The service supports adults with Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health, or ABI, substance misuse issues or with a history of substance misuse issues who would benefit from living in their own space with a personalised care package to suit their needs.. Our friendly teams are experienced in managing behaviours which are considered to challenge and provide more complex individuals with their own team for consistency and development of quality relationships.
You don’t need to have experience in Health and Social care, but you do need to be passionate about what you do and show compassion and kindness towards the People we Support.
Being a Support Worker is not just about personal care. In fact, it’s only a small part of it. For example, T needs support making her cup of tea in the morning, while B has a new found love of gardening so will need support in bringing his garden to life. How about supporting F to organise her holiday or empowering C to join the social evening in the local pub?
Does this sound like something you could do?
Your duties will include:
- Supporting individuals to plan and engage in activities in line with their individualised activity planner, which could include holidays, social events, religious and sporting activities, education and employment.
- Maintain the general health, wellbeing and emotional needs of the People we Support.
- Encouraging individuals to access a range of opportunities and experiences.
- Supporting individuals to keep in contact with family and friends, and to participate in social and community activities.
And, of course, you need to ensure that the dignity and choice of the People we Support is preserved at all times.
We are not an agency - you will be working for Achieve together as part of our amazing team, and will benefit from our in-house learning and development opportunites right throughout your career.
If this sounds like you - apply now!
Why work for Achieve together?
In addition to your salary, our benefits package includes:
- a pension scheme
- paid annual leave
- reward/recognition schemes
- a generous staff discount and benefits scheme
- excellent opportunities for career progression
- many services have a 10p per hour salary increment after 1 and 2 years in role
Once you choose to apply you will be asked to create an account with us. This will only take a moment and will allow us to contact you regarding the vacancy and enable you to track the progress of your application. We are not an agency and won't share your details with any other companies.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Paid Holidays