Falkirk & Alloa and out of the Community
£17,550 - £21,450 FTE per annum & Benefits
£9-£11 per hour depending on experience
(pro-rated for Part-Time and Sessional posts)
Full Time, Part Time & Sessional positions available
Due to our clients rapid growth, they are now looking to increase staff resources in both the Falkirk and Alloa area. Reporting to the Service Manager, this is an exciting time to join this Company to play an active role as a Support Worker in enhancing vulnerable young adults’ quality of life by providing support in their own home and in the community. Paramount to this role, is improving and enhancing their life chances, their living environment and wellbeing.
Our client is keen to recruit motivated and like-minded people who are keen to make a difference and understand they offer a 24/7 support service to their supported individuals where being on-call and shift work is a requirement on a rotational basis.
Do you have the essential criteria they are looking for?
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviours in a support environment
- Good communication & interpersonal skill
- Ability to be flexible in approach to work
- Good reporting & recording skills
- Full Manual Driving licence
If this role interests you, read on…
Who is our client
Our client (Housing, Employability & Community Support Services) provides a ‘Housing Support’ and ‘Care at Home Service’ to people aged 16 and over who are at risk of becoming homeless, to enable them to live in their own homes. Their aim is to enhance peoples’ quality of life by providing support that will improve and enhance their life chances, their living environment and their wellbeing.
Your Job Responsibilities will include
- Responsibility for ensuring and promoting the safeguarding of any people that you may come into contact with
- Promote a holistic and integrated and person-centred approach to persons supported needs
- Support the development of person supported skills, confidence and self-esteem
- Where applicable, offer people financial support and guidance during their transition to adult hood and independence
- Develop persons supported life management
Your Job Purpose will be
- Enhancing people’s quality of life by providing support in their own home and in the community that will improve and enhance their life chances, their living environment, and their wellbeing, is at the forefront of this role
- Working with vulnerable individuals to help them live their lives to the full
- Providing and supporting daily routine tailored to the needs of individuals
- Key worker to specific people
- Leading service projects and contributing to Company Objectives
- Helping people to make more informed decision toward daily healthy living, eating, life choices and daily activities
- Teaching and advising on a wide range of practical skills including cookery, shopping, financial budgets, administration and taking part in daily activities
- Being a point of contact in alerting professionals with updates on support and any new health problems
- Liaising with a variety of professionals to ensure that the relevant support is provided.
What they offer
- Competitive Salary
- 30 days annual leave allowance (inclusive of public holidays)
- Company contribution Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Staff discounts on a range of services based in The Falkirk Business Hub
- Fully comprehensive induction programme for new staff
- Career development and progression in order to foster a culture of excellence in what we do
- Access to online training skills and software
For more information and an application pack, please apply online and with your preference for working Full Time, Part Time or Sessional and location choice. A full job description and person specification is available in the application pack. To be considered for this role applicants must complete the relevant application form in the application pack. (CVs on their own will be accepted).
This post is considered to be Regulated Work with adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update if already a Scheme member.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities recruiter and they welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
They are expecting lots of people to want to be part of this growing Company. So unfortunately, if you have not heard from them within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this Support Worker role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.