We are recruiting carers/support workers to work in the Birmingham,Sandwell and Walsall areas
Would you like a career in Care, are you a motivated individual who would like to work in the community and support vulnerable adults to lead an independent life.
If you have a passion for care and are looking to care for people from different backgrounds and disabilities then this is the opportunity for you.
- Make a difference to a vulnerable adults lives
- Empower them to lead a independent life
- Full training provided
- Experience in care is desirable but not required
- We offer a culturally sensitive service
Key Responsibilities of a Care Worker/Care Assistant/ Support Worker:
• To demonstrate skill and imagination in helping service users deal with everyday difficulties arising from their memory problems, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour or physical health.
• To encourage and support each service user to do as much as possible for themselves in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care.
• To use initiative and imagination in helping service users succeed at familiar tasks.
Skills & Experience of a Care Worker/ Care Assistant/ Support Worker:
It is an advantage if you have some experience of working with elderly people, and people with physical health problems and/or learning disabilities/Autism. You need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You must be able to carry out instructions, maintain confidentiality and accurately record basic physical observations.
Qualifications of a Care Worker/Care Assistant/Support Worker:
NVQ/QCF Level 2 in Health and Social care is desired, however full training is provided on the job.
Key attributes of a Care Worker/ Care Assistant/ Support Worker:
• Good Communicators
• Genuine care for others
• Good time keepers
• Perform well under pressure
• Ability to understand what the role entails
• Ability to follow instructions
• Hold a current driving license and have their own transport (Not essential)
Client groups you will be working with:
• Stroke victims
• Learning disabilities
• Brian injury
Part time, fulltime, evenings, weekends, and bank work available.
If you wish to apply please send your CV to the email address provided immediately.