BPD Zenith is an established IBM Business Partner, we support both Blue Chip & Mid-Market Businesses to help them realise the benefits of their investment & adding value-added services from Cloud Hosting to Mobility Solutions. We provide an unrivalled end-to-end service, helping our UK & International clients to realise the integrity, safety & reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo & associated products.
We are recruiting for a highly motivated Support Technician to join the Support Services team based in Carlisle. Support Technicians are client facing professionals responsible for the provision of excellent customer service & reliable Root Cause Analysis techniques.
Previous knowledge of the IBM Maximo product is desired but not essential as full training will be provided leading to an IBM Maximo Certification.
Job responsibilities include
- Ensure client requests for support are responded to in accordance with client SLAs
- Effective Root Cause Analysis techniques for troubleshooting incidents, bugs or problems reported by clients
- Participation in every part of the software development life cycle
- Ensure that solutions are thoroughly tested & documented prior to release to client environments
- Participate in BPD’s Out of Hours on-call support rota
- Proven experience in a similar IT role
- A keen interest in technology, knowledge of either SQL Server, Oracle or DB2 database environments will be of benefit
- IT literate with an underlying knowledge of multiple operating systems & VMWare
- Understanding/experience of working with modern Object Orientated languages
- Understanding/experience of working with scripting languages such as Python
- Self-starter who possesses strong troubleshooting & communications skills
- Proactive & able to prioritise own workload
- Degree in a numeric or computational subject (or equivalent)
- Desire to learn & take on new challenges
- Proficient English speaker
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Ability to travel to client sites when required