We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Operations Engineer to join our team based in St Albans. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return receive a competitive salary of £25,000 - £35,000 per annum.
Modality Systems is a globally award-winning communications and collaboration services specialist. We enable some of the world’s biggest organisations realise their business value, by delivering a game changing programme with Microsoft’s communications and collaboration suite. We have successfully delivered these transformational services across 100 countries, involving over 1000 organisations, enabling us to support over 5 million people.
Modality Support Operations Engineers are responsible for carrying out activities that support the Transition and Change Management practices within the Modality Managed Services department. These practices are principally concerned with on-boarding new customers into support and carrying out regular software updates to client environments.
Key responsibilities as our Support Operations Engineer:
- Reviewing low level design (LLD) and testing documentation created by the Professional Services team to create and update knowledgebase articles.
- Testing and documenting remote access procedures and communicating these to the Support Operations team.
- Creating and updating remote access credentials in our secure password repository.
- Uploading call quality network (CQD) network information to Office 365.
- Gathering user figures from client environments.
- Attending client calls to discuss technical prerequisites for acceptance into service (AIS).
- Remotely configuring operational (OPR) and Call Quality Methodology (CQM) reporting in client environments.
- Performing operating system and Skype for Business patching.
- Renewing certificates that support unified communications system operation.
- Scheduling additional resource to undertake patching.
- Checking remote access account viability.
Skills, experience and qualifications required of our Support Operations Engineer:
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft product stack, especially Windows client and server.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Comfortable with owning objectives and possesses strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team across time zones.
- A desire to progress within the company. Modality encourages and supports personal development and has a clear progression plan for support individuals who wish to move up through the various support levels and throughout the wider company.
Desirable skills and experience that would be advantageous:
- Experience with Skype for Business/Lync is highly desirable.
- Technical skills in any of the following technology areas would be a significant advantage:
- ServiceNow service management system.
- Skype for Business Online administration through Microsoft Office 365.
- Networking knowledge.
- Ribbon session border controllers (SBCs).
- Enghouse Interactive Contact Centre (EICC).
- A working knowledge of ITIL standards and practices, including change management.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Support Operations Engineer then please click ‘Apply’ today!