GENERAL OPERATIVE/Support Drive/Grab Mate:
Location Ipswich – covering Suffolk and Essex
Contract Anglian Water
Kier along with their alliance with Anglian Water are looking to recruit a Support Driver who will also support by being complete banksman duties and take part in the standby rota.
Kier work with Anglian water to deliver maintainance and repair the water network in the Anglian Water region, this includes civil works and repairing assets. This role will support us by delivering and collecting SLG and completing other task and when required.
Experience in the following would be beneficial,
- Hand Digging – can be any sized hole within reason dependant on existing ‘other’ services/obstructions.
- Moving and using fittings & small tools of a variety of sizes
- Moving, lifting, small plant Eg. Wackers. Sthil saws, Generators.
- Use of Wacker up to 2hr per day, Sthil Saw 30 mins per day other Vibrating Tool
- Loading, Unloading and positioning of temp traffic management such as signs and barriers.
- Movement of materials in wheelbarrows – sand, spoil, type 1,SMR.
- Loading/unloading from a 3.5 ton Pick Up/ trailers, and positioning materials manually.
- Hand mixing and Reinstate using concrete.
- General tidying – sweeping, shovelling washing down using Pressure wash etc
Banksman dutieswhen large machinery in use – excavators, grabs etc.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Lone working when a support Driver.
- Taking the lead in back filling excavation and assisting a grab lorry.
- Working to a high H&S standard at all times and taking ownership of site set ups and making sure they are left in safe at all times.
- Driving licence a must
- Preferred to be able to Tow
- NRSW ticket
- HGV would be a bonus
- Lives in the Ipswich/Colchester area
- Utility’s experience preferred
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.