OVERVIEW: Support Analyst / Technical Support Consultant / 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / Application Support Consultant sought by software house based in Almondsbury, Bristol. Salary £22K-£27K (depending on experience) plus potential up to C£5K on call allowance after probation / if and when competent, plus pension, health etc. BOTH Graduates with ideally a year in industry AND experienced support analyst professionals are welcome to apply! Great opportunity to join a rapidly growing company offering ongoing training and development and a structured career path.
LOCATION: Almondsbury, near Bristol. Full time office based position. Monday-Friday 9-5.30pm with 1 hour lunch.
My client is a market leader in designing, developing and implementing enterprise software solutions for multiple industries. Their sophisticated business applications and systems support companies globally. Their industry-proven software is a unified enterprise solution. You will join the business at an exciting time, as the company continues to transition its highly successful software solution to the .NET framework as part of a multi-year strategy to maintain its competitive market advantage. You'll support new and existing customers who have purchased my clients world-class enterprise software suite of applications which is built on Windows / Unix, .NET 4.5, ASP.NET, MVC etc.
THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for EITHER a talented, ambitious Graduate level candidate or a proven and experienced technical support / support analyst specialist to join a talented team supporting a range of blue chip clients across multiple Industries. The successful candidate will join the Company at an exciting time as the business is experiencing rapid growth. A comprehensive learning and development programme will be provided for the successful candidate, who will deliver 1st and 2nd line technical and application support to a range of clients, including provision of support for the integration of diverse and extensive peripheral devices.
Day to day duties;
* Resolving and prioritising customers' support requests allocated via the support system in a timely and efficient manner.
* Acquire a good understanding of the company's software products as part of a formal learning and development programme.
* Working with customers to set up and integrate peripheral devices such as printers/scanners to the system and resolving issues associated with integration.
* Advising customers with specific responsibility for Windows and Unix based implementations.
* Reaching out, where appropriate, to colleagues in software development to gain second line support guidance to assist in the resolution of customer support requests.
* Documenting solutions to service requests and customer issues and ensuring they are logged and tagged appropriately in the company's knowledge base
* Regular updating of the support system with status of outstanding tickets
* Acting as the first point of contact for customer support requests, resolving or allocating such support requests appropriately.
* Working with 3rd party vendors who provide additional hardware and software
* A modern cloud-based Support Desk system, which supports customer engagement and self-service.
* Access to an extensive knowledge base within the Support team.
- You will be at an advantage if you have experience / exposure to supporting finance systems / accountancy software / ERP systems OR if you have any finance or accounting / ERP knowledge either commercial OR academic!
- Ideally degree or equivalent qualification in an IT or finance / accounting related discipline.
- You may have experience of providing a high quality software application support service, particularly in supporting specialised applications and products.
- Used to working under pressure in a busy Support Desk environment
- A strong understanding of the technologies on which the customer software solutions are built.
- Use of modern help desk or service desk systems in previous employments.
- Awareness / understanding of ITIL / ISO Standards
- High level awareness / understanding of programming / software development / software engineering and database structures from a support perspective is highly advantageous
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
This position is based in Almondsbury near Bristol and offers;
- Funding of relevant professional qualifications
- A comprehensive learning and development program
- An excellent hard working but fun environment
- A highly competitive salary plus pension, health, medical and life assurance based on experience coupled with excellent training and development opportunities.
If you are a good match then please send a CV immediately to learn more about this excellent career opportunity.
Keywords: service desk, support, analyst, consultant, technical, engineer, help, ERP, Unix, Windows, Cloud, helpdesk, servicedesk, WMS, warehouse management systems, accountancy, finance, manufacturing, accountant, financial, first line, second line, 1st line, 2nd line, help desk
This vacancy is being advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd. The services advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.