What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
Job Summary:This role's primary responsibility is to serve as a technical analyst in the Technology Services department, providing cost-justified and service-focused technical solutions in the individual's particular arena of technical expertise, in close and keen collaboration with all other IT Technology disciplines and teams.
Duties and accountability
· Supporting a wide portfolio of applications and websites for Markel International which includes Customer Relationship Management CRM, Sales and Marketing, Call Centre management, Law Practice management
· Providing excellent Service Management delivery across the portfolio of applications and to all the service stakeholders
· Acts as a conduit and liaison between the user community and IT&S colleagues in other teams to resolve operational issues
· Resolving incident tickets , service requests and problem management related to the portfolio of services
· Contribute and deliver on dedicated projects required by the business areas
· Creating relevant documentation, e.g architecture, support, troubleshooting guides as required. Documenting the requirements and specifications using Confluence and JIRA appropriately.
· Act as designated SME providing the business with advice and guidance on best practices with regards to services
· Full compliance with the Change and Release processes and formal project intake operations as required
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Broad technical knowledge across General AD / Network / Comms / Security topics
· Detailed knowledge of SQL Server and Windows Servers
· Demonstrate relevant good practice for Incident and Service Request management
· Have experience of Citrix and VDI environments and troubleshooting
· Experience of SQL Server databases, stored procedures and shell scripts
· Demonstrates logical problem solving, team work and resourcefulness
We want to ensure that you have a positive experience applying for a role at Markel and are able to perform at your best. If there are any adjustments we can reasonably make to ensure that the process is accessible for you at every stage please telephone us on +44 (0)20 7953 6504 or email email@example.com.
“Why work for us?”
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people’s differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style—some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.