Job Title: Supplier Quality Management Team Member
Location: Ideally Reigate, UK but flexible within Europe
Permanent, Full Time
Travel up to 40% of the work time, post-COVID
- The Supplier Quality Management (SQM) team ensures effective supplier quality management standards, processes and tools are established across EMEA to ensure suppliers are effectively managed to supply materials and services which consistently meet K-C’s needs.
- You will work as part of the EMEA SQM team supporting development and deployment of required standards, processes and tools across Business Unit.
- You are required to support, and at times lead, quality initiatives or sub-initiatives of moderate size and complexity.
- The role involves direct work with a range of local, regional and global suppliers. Scope covers raw material suppliers, service suppliers which impact quality of K-C finished products and External (Contract) Manufacturers providing finished products to (EMEA). The SQM team member is required to work directly with assigned suppliers of all types.
- The role involves strong collaboration and influence for successful supplier quality management with multiple teams including Procurement, Research & Engineering together with Global Quality SQM team and Global Supply Chain teams such as External Manufacturing. In addition, work is required with other K-C business units when common suppliers are involved or common standards, processes and tools are being developed and deployed.
- Supports development and deployment of risk-based supplier quality management standards, processes and practices which meet (EMEA), enterprise and other requirements, for example ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or ISO 22716 requirements and specific customer, end-user or regulatory authority expectations.
- Ensures (Business Unit) requirements are documented and agreed with assigned suppliers.
- Reports supplier quality performance and risks
- Supports development and execution of the (Business Unit) strategic quality plan for supplier quality management. Completes assigned initiatives, actions and targets which supports the overall (Business Unit) supplier quality management plan.
- Key interface and point contact for assigned suppliers for supplier quality management with teams such as R&E and Procurement.
- Drives continuous improvement, mitigates risks and ensures regulatory compliance at all times with assigned suppliers.
- Leads or supports assessments of supplier facilities to establish an overview of performance strengths, risks and opportunities.
- Leads quality system improvements and risk reductions at assigned suppliers
- Is able to influence and engage with assigned suppliers
- Is able to communicate effectively with superiors and peers across K-C.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, and to lead appropriate teams or sub-teams as required.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS AND ACOUNTABILITIES:
- Manages self in accordance with the expected One K-C Behaviors.
- Builds capability in self by maintaining and demonstrating a high degree of knowledge and skill in quality management systems, processes and regulations especially for supplier quality management.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships while driving solutions to meet business needs. Develops and maintains a strong spirit of partnership.
- Conducts all communications and transactions with the utmost integrity, consistent with the KC Code of Conduct. Communicates fully with Senior Leaders, Peers, etc. with matters that are appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, typically science or engineering related or significant quality management experience.
- General knowledge of quality management principles and requirements is required. Experience in a Supplier or Manufacturing Quality role
- Experience in cosmetics industry and/or food industry
- Qualified Quality Systems auditor. ISO9001 and ISO 22716 Certified Lead Auditor and/or ASQ Certified Quality Auditor preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with suppliers, materials and K-C products requiring compliance to various internal standards and external regulatory or other technical requirements.
- A recognized quality management qualification is desirable such as ASQ Certified Quality Engineer / Quality Manager or CQI Chartered Quality Management Professional.
- In-depth understanding of key regulations and standards applicable to (EMEA) products and materials as sanitary manufacturing and cosmetic products.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm - we offer an attractive benefits package within a successful global business. This includes a highly competitive salary, which is negotiable depending on experience, as well as:
- Company car or car allowance
- Performance-related bonus (14%)
- Generous pension contributions
- Share scheme options
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays as well as holiday trading options
You can also choose from our flexible benefits package which includes things like critical illness cover, travel insurance, dental cover, and many more!
Above all, we pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture, and our commitment to you is that we will offer support and development to enhance your career.
At Kimberly-Clark we are happy to consider requests for flexible working, which can include flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours etc. If this is something you wish to explore, please highlight at interview stage.
Sound like the next step in your career, or want to know more? Just click apply, and I’ll be in touch!